1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

49 years ago today ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Nov 22, 2012.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fine. Take it to the top of the board. Or in a PM. Not here.

We thank you.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I have a friend whose daughter was born on 9/11/2001.

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Time and a place. If Stoney wants to cry about someone's posts on the Politics Thread, he can do it there.

Besides, I don't think anyone needs to try to build some kind of "honest" reputation in this community. Who are the arbiters of that? Who decides? And really, who cares?

old_tony spouted off in the political thread; so did we all. He just happened to have a strong belief in the side that lost.

Should he show up now so everyone can throw rocks and pat themselves on the back for seeing what was obvious to most, that Obama was a shoo-in?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i think you're making more out of this than it is. the guy made a point, period. i think it's a valid point. maybe you don't. either way, he didn't keep killing it.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Also, she's 11 now and wants to know where the fuck Old Tony has been. :D

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

who can blame her?

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Stoney's wording was a little stronger than I would prefer to see.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Both incidents changed the course of history and not for the better.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There are people who stay away from the political threads and have no idea, nor care, what Old Tony's (or your) stance on the election is. If you feel you have to whip out your dick and piss on him because "your guy" won, do it on a political thread.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well said 'dexter. If OT has made a concerted effort to stay away from the Political thread I applaud his discipline. For the most part the Politics thread has become has become the MSNBC of political discussion. For the most part devoid of conservative input and when provided poster is typically dismissed and shouted down. No reason for OT to let the SJ left have their fun.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you have not been to Dealey Plaza, you now have at least one reason to spend a night in Dallas.

Seeing where everything is located in person gives you a much different perspective.

Draft saved Draft deleted