1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

48 Hours Investigates on one of our own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Kent Heitholt (Missouri sports editor killed in his parking lot) case on DiscoveryTimesMSNBC channel right now.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When I left work the other night, there was a cat sitting outside the front door. As I stopped to pet it, I couldn't help but think of this guy and that it might be a trap.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Can anyone share the story?

4. Simon_Cowbell

http://www.oakridger.com/stories/110201/stt_1102010085.html

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

That is f-in heartbreaking. RIP, Kent. You know, it's getting really, really dusty in here.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I notice at the end of the story it says his son worked part-time at the paper, he wasn't there that night was he? That would be really terrible.

I have read this story at other times on this site and I've always wondered who the witness is. Did they try to do something and if not, why? Also, has there ever been a motive? Or was it just a random mugging that turned into a murder?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

from what i understand, it was random.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, that means it wasn't quite as fucked up in my own head, but nevertheless still fucked up.

9. Simon_Cowbell

He logged off at 2:08 a.m. and walked into a darkened parking lot.

We've all done it.

Fucking frightening.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

simon - i don't think you can think about it too much. it's too random to let affect your life in any way.

Draft saved Draft deleted