1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40-year-old coach marries 16-year-old student

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jun 22, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I agree with this totally. WTF? Both the school district and the parents took a pass. The guy should have been investigated, caught and thrown in jail. As a parent of a 14-year-old girl I can tell you that I would have issued my own personal restraining order for the coach and he'd have been afraid to come within 5 miles.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Good Grief.

This marriage will not end well.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I am a rather curious why the police couldn't do anything.

Isn't there an issue on age of consent? What about the statute of limitations on statutory rape?

Doesn't Dateline get guys arrested simply for wanting to get their freak on underage girls?

4. something is very wrong with that man. This is why you keep acquaintances around who don't have a problem with physical persuasion. Kicking a bone out of his perverted ass would've definitely made him think twice about shacking up with someone's teenage daughter.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why the parents thought they had to sign, but I realize we don't know the entire story there.

But the school district just washing its hands of all responsibility when one of its employees obviously started pursuing this relationship when the girl was 14 is a disgrace.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Re: HS Track coach marries 16 year old athlete

"Everyone knows it's Windy"

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Any assdick like that who would even think of something like that with either of my daughters would get a serious beatdown from not only me, but every male member of my and my wife's family.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I work with a guy whose daughter is 17. We were talking about the story and there was no doubt he'd turn the guy into a eunich before he signed an consent papers.

My daughter isn't even four years old yet, but I know I will feel the same way when she reaches that age.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Maybe the parents didn't want to end up like this ...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2007/06/20/trial-medhat.html?ref=rss

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The parents' first mistake was naming their kid Windy.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And we're off ...

12. Blue_Water

Blue_Water Member

VMI must be so proud right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted