1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40-year-old coach marries 16-year-old student

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Re: HS Track coach marries 16 year old athlete

As soon as I posted it, I thought "What if someone put it on the sports and news board?"

I'm so ashamed

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

They were probably just huge Association fans.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I see this marriage ending in divorce real fast ::) .
    The parents should not have signed the consent. Give it a couple of months, maybe a year and then they will be back in the news regarding their impending divorce.

(Sick, really :eek: )

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Paging CradleRobber. CradleRobber to the white courtesy phone.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They're registered at Wal-Mart. I'm getting "The O.C.: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2" for her, and a truckload of condoms for him.

6. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Less than half the board will understand that response, but brav-<i>o</i>, Z-man.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nice to see the school district take some responsibility for a coach on their payroll who digs 14 year olds. I wonder what the attorney said when it's pointed out that this "marriage" never would have happened without the coach driving the student home from after-school practices.

And those parents never should have signed the consent until she was at least 18.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

That was pretty solid.

But you lose points because I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

:D

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, you can't fault the parents for trying--they did one thing after another to try and keep this from happening.

And what if they hadn't signed the consent? Would their daughter have run off with this guy anyway? Become suicidal? At best, their relationship with their daughter would have been severed to a great degree.

Not saying that's the right thing to do. Just flipping over the other side of the coin.

And, yes, this will no doubt come to end as this 16 year old matures.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That is one seriously ridiculous statement. Most of these teacher pervs, both men and women, are doing their fondling and oral and f'ing outside school grounds, and they all get fired.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Thank goodness, things are back to normal with men being the leeches. I was getting tired of all those cougar-ific female teachers rounding up the young'uns.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

"Who's bending down to give me a rainbow?"

Draft saved Draft deleted