1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40-year-old coach marries 16-year-old student

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jun 22, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Or the dowry killings in India.

2. KP

KP Active Member

The district will see a surge in applications from some sketchy candidates with comments like that. Never heard of a place saying it's ok for student-teacher relationships outside the classroom.

3. Clearly this happens commonly throughout the world. My mistake.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Editorial in Saturday's Greensboro News-Record:

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070623/NEWSREC010201/706230304/1014

5. damn

good for them

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What Greensboro doesn't get, and what obviously some of you don't get, is the absence of hope.

The editorial says that it might lead to "nothing worse" than a brief, misbegotten marriage for the girl. What about the possibility that it might lead to a lifetime, happy marriage?

The odds aren't that good, but who among us has the right or inside knowledge to rule out that possibility?

There are practicing polygamists in Utah. The state would outlaw them; most of us couldn't imagine being them. But I'm willing to wager all of them are not living desperate, hopeless lives.

7. My woman is 12 years younger than me but a 40-year-old and a 16-year-old? That's just disgusting. He's a predator and his actions are everything but criminal according to the law.

8. "My woman"?
    Oh, this will be fun.

9. sportschick

His defense of Mitch Albom was far more offensive than his calling his S.O. "my woman," FB.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And just what would you have him call her, LITTLE MISSY? :p :p ;D

11. sportschick

Girl toy? I have boy toys. Works for me :D

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, wow, I was sure Little Missy would be worth a Dead. To. Me. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted