1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4/28 HIMYM

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 28, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's what I'm afraid of. If the show isn't picked up and they make her the mother, it's going to feel forced.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I love the looks we're getting at Barney's office - especially the wall of motivational posters behind his desk (my personal favorite is the one with the fighter jets that says "Awesomeness."
    So have we ever figured out what he does??

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I finally got around to seeing the episode.
    Will Forte was funny and it was good, one of the better ones, I think.
    "I'd be selling it on the street for a nickel."
    Hilarious

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Forte: "It will be legendary ... wait for it ... dary."

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I thought this episode was just ok, although I loved the previous week's episode, and thought it was hilarious when Ted punched Barney in the junk. Even when this show isn't super funny, I still appreciate the different storytelling, and it's just far more creative than any sitcom out there.

By the way, a few weeks ago I made the mistake of googling sportsjournalist.com to see what the world was saying about us, and I made the mistake of dropping in on Analway, where content matters, and Crazyperson was commenting on one of the HIMYM threads, and mocking one of my comments about Barney and Robin's hookup, so I just want to say:

Hi psycho! Enjoy the echoing rants in your Fortress of Crazytude!

6. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Not nearly as good as the poster with all the penguins and it says 'conformity' on it. It's legendary.

7. JayFarrar

In case anyone cares, and I hope the whole world does, How I met Your Mother is coming back next season.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/05/upfronts-cbs-re.html

The rumor was that if CBS let it go, Fox was going to pick it up. But no matter now. It will stay on Monday night, New/Old Christine is moving to Wednesday as CBS tries to make another comedy night block.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Geez, going to Fox would have been the death of that show.

9. JayFarrar

At least it would have stayed on the air.
    And that's better than nothing.
    Unless ratings pick up, next season might be the last.
    This is the second time, the producers had to sweat it out to see if it was going to get renewed.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

New/Old Christine couldn't suck harder.

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Actually, I think that wouldn't have been bad at all. Fox skewers to a younger demographic than CBS, which would help a show like HIMYM, plus Fox has overtaken CBS as the most-watched network this year (and that is despite American Idol having its lowest rated season ever).

Of course, with the way Fox has jerked around shows like Arrested Development and Family Guy, nothing is safe, I guess.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow!

Barney loves Robin & Ted proposes to Stella.

Bonus: “Here Comes a Regular” by the Replacements at the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted