1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 Rock running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Banter!

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I worked the day shift at the graveyard and the graveyard shift at the Days Inn.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I've had "Werewolf Bar Mitzvah" running through my head for a few weeks now -- since I bought season two on DVD. They use it, the entire version mind you, as bumper audio for one of the disk menus. I captured the audio and put it on my iPhone.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Even better:

5. Killick

High point of the series, to me, was a momenr in the episode with Carrie Fisher. Early in the show, she references an old show they did in the 70s in which, unexplicably, she says "Get it? The mailbox was (Watergate figure) Haldeman!"
    Then, late in the show, Liz says something about a mailbox to Jack and he says "I'm going to assume that's a Haldeman reference." Completely unrelated, completely hilarious.

6. Killick

Kind of tangent, but... anyone catch Jack McBrayer on Leno last night? He was talking about growing up in the south, Halloween and being poor. He went on to tell a story about being so poor, he was a ghost every year for trick-or-treat. Just cut two holes in a sheet, he said.
    Leno: "You think it was wise to be running around in a white sheet in the south?"

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Tonight's episode (the Oprah one) was just decent, but the makeup people giving Tracy a monster claw after running out of white makeup "because I insisted they do my buttocks" was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know. While I really enjoyed the Carrie Fisher episode, nothing has come close since then.
    It's funny, buy it's more fun seeing Fey react to the craziness around her then to be in on it. Liked the "never changed my Chicago residence because I wanted to live in a swing state." The tetherball and synchronized running was pretty good as well. But again, where does it lead?

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Episode was OK -- I'm not a big fan when Tracy plays a prominent role -- but a few good lines

"I don't believe in hypothetical situations, Mr. Donaghy. That's like lying to your brain." Kenneth
    "Can you keep your hands outside of my clothes?" Oprah, while hugging Liz
    "Socioeconomically speaking, you are more like an inner-city Latina," Jack, to Kenneth

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

My favorite line.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Some funny moments, but I think all these superstar guests are bringing the show down a notch.

I have to rewatch it on the DVR to pick up the better lines.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought the episode was hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted