1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 for 30 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There was a part where he said he signed away his deferred compensation with the Clippers in order to get Donald Sterling’s approval on the trade to Boston. Walton may have been fine with it but the union should have raised hell.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Anybody else added the Spotify playlist for The Luckiest Guy In The World into your rotation? I was never a Deadhead but I put this on while working Monday. By the end of the day it occurred to me I was in a fantastic mood.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

My favorite Walton memory is him excoriating Larry Johnson after Game 4 of the '99 Finals. I wish I could find an A/V clip of it because it was just incredible. Reading this in his voice (LLLLLLLarry Johnson...) still makes me smile.

Larry Johnson, who spent the last 48 hours railing against the world, what a pathetic performance by this sad human being. This is a disgrace to the game of basketball, to the NBA. He played like a disgrace. He deserved it.

Hermes likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s wild watching his straight-laced, hypercritical work on NBC in the 1990’s compared to his persona now.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh, NBA on NBC Bill regularly needed a fainting couch.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The doc did a great job showing that Bill was always slightly full of himself.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted