1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3 Stooges by the Farrelly Brothers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Mar 25, 2009.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Kevin James is, although he wouldn't make a good Curly. Frank Caliendo can't act, but he's fat and funny (in verrrrrry short bursts.)

Carrey can pull it off if he can get the look down. That's a big if. (And it still won't work if the other Stooges suck. Better to just watch the old ones over and over again.)

Couple bad fat comedy actors: Horatio Sanz (who's got the look, but nowhere near the comedy chops), Jim Belushi.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Fat guys are always funnier than skinny guys. Farley would have been great for this.

Jim Carey lost his touch.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sean Penn?

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The weight is not the issue; that can be handled.

Carrey, though, is about 6-foot-2 and Curly was 5-5.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

You mean this isn't a movie about the last presidential administration?

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Man, Rosie O'Donnell has really let herself go.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

One of the sad things about watching Yes Man (outside the fact I was watching Yes Man of my own volition) was that you could tell it was a move made for 1995 Carrey, but it starred 2008 Carrey. He's not the slapstick guy anymore (though he's going to be Scrooge in this winter's remake of A Christmas Carol, and I bet he's really good in that role).

Bucky: Horatio Sanz would be easily the third of three in that trio, but Curly's humor draws from short blasts of comedy, so he might be OK for that. Except Curly makes the Stooges go round, so putting someone like Sanz there would be like signing everyone on the All-Pro offensive lines, and Ryan Leaf.

Drew Carey's another fatty, but he's not really a slapstick guy. He could be Joe, who was useless and sucked. Right down his alley.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You know something? That might actually be the best answer yet. If she wouldn't mind going bald.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm gonna do it. I'm going to pay you to watch it. Just wait.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The really sad thing is they did make Yes Man in 1995. I believe it was called Liar Liar.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Are the Three Stooges the ugliest group of famous people ever? As far as entertainers go, they've gotta be top five. These were three ugly guys:

[​IMG]

They'd get nowhere today looking like that. Even when the guys they got to replace Curly were ugly.

You could say Laurel and Hardy were ugly. I don't think Stan Laurel was an ugly guy. Just regular looking. But even if you agree that they were ugly, they are only two guys. I am talking about famous groups with more than two people. There's probably dozens and dozens of band you can say are ugly, but I'll bet even in those bands there was at least one good looking person. The Three Stooges were all butt ugly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted