1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

29 years ago today (Jan. 4), I froze my ass off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

I was 16 and was present for the Red Right 88 game, with almost 78,000 others.

Just curious, if you were old enough to remember the game, what are your rememberances and where did you watch that game from?

For what it's worth, I agreed with the play call, though certainly not the execution. Cockroft had already missed two kicks at that end (the Dawg Pound end) of the Stadium that day.

Of course, the Raiders went on to become the first wildcard team to win the Super Bowl that season. Guess that's the Tebows frowning on those of us who pelted the Raiders with snowballs as they came onto the frozen tundra out of the third-base dugout that day.

Never been colder in my life... and the snow drifts in my driveway today are more than 3 feet.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but was your ass supple? {cross-thread}

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was too young to remember the game, but it pisses me off in retrospect.

4. I was just thinking of this yesterday. I was 15 at the time. Though I was watching on TV from 400 miles away, I believe the pain I felt was equal to anyone in Municipal Stadium.

Sadly, Red Right 88 is forever etched in my memory. To this day, I can not watch the video of that play.

Draft saved Draft deleted