1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25 Things

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

This spread like wildfire on Facebook, so I figured it might be something fun to post on here. One of those threads where you can actually get to know posters a little better. All you do is list 25 things about you...doesn't have to be known or secrets or anything like that. Just fire away.

1. I go back an edit posts if I don't like how they read. Posts are usually a stream of consciousness thing, but sometimes I go back and edit my wording four or five times.

2. I always would like to travel to medieval times. It's why I love books/movies like Lord of the Rings and plan on going to visit castles in Europe if/when I travel overseas.

3. I have a slight obsession with nerdy things: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek TNG, Sci-Fi movies, etc. I don't mind it and would say I embrace it. If you think less of me for it, your loss :)

4. I enjoy watching underdogs in sports succeed. It's why I'm pulling for Arizona to win the Super Bowl, and probably why I stick by teams like the Royals. The payoff will be much greater than all those StL bandwagon fans who cheered on "our" team.

5. Arrogance in general bothers me, but it bothers me much less than unfounded arrogance. I don't consider myself a vengeful person, but I like to see if there's something I can do to knock someone down a peg. Maybe that does make me vengeful...

6. People with a blatant disregard for the environment trouble me. I think it fits into my disdain for those who act in a wasteful manner.

7. I like vintage sports logos. They just always seem to be better in the past. Except the racist ones, anyway.

8. I love icing, but not the whipped garbage. Buttercream is the only way to live.

9. I'm not ashamed to say I can't remember the last CD I bought. I download what I can and get mp3s from friends for the rest. I also download TV shows and movies, but I buy my favorites of those.

10. I like cleanliness and organization. But I like it done my way.

11. I love to laugh (cue the Mary Poppins music). Loud and strong and clear.

12. Lilac-scented candles are a favorite of mine. They just completely relax me. December and January are usually reserved for something cinnamon-scented, though. Maybe November.

13. I secretly want to buy many products I see on infomercials. They make me laugh, but I also hold out hope that they'd be life-changing products. Like the warm embrace of the Snuggie, the amazing absorption power of the ShamWow and the culinary genius of the Magic Bullet. Some day, I'll buy one thing off an infomercial, but I'm going to take some time to think of what product it's going to be.

14. I'm on my computer way too often. I need to get one of those treadmill desks so I get more activity because I likely will not decrease my computer usage.

15. I hate not having Internet service/cable/phone service because of how disconnected it makes me feel. I like to know things.

16. I used to be horrible at keeping secrets and was a gossip. I wasn't proud of it. I'm still not great at it, but I've drastically improved.

17. Loyalty is one of the character traits I admire most in other people. I won't even pretend that I don't screw things up, but knowing there will always be people there to take me back once I admit mistakes is extremely comforting.

18. I don't understand how some people go through life with such little curiosity. The craving to learn and to know is something that drives me.

19. Going off that, the negative aspect is that I always like to be right. Always. And I'm not. Sometimes I can admit it, other times I like to continue to argue, knowing I'm wrong, but to see how far someone else is willing to take it.

20. I like almost every fruit, but dislike almost every vegetable. I try to disguise the taste of veggies with things that probably cancel out the positive effects of eating them (like cheese and ranch) so I usually just avoid them.

21. If I find something I like, I stick with it. I like routine and being able to feel like I can predict what might happen. Sometimes this causes me to miss out on new experiences, but if someone tries to get me to do something that could be fun or interesting, I'll probably go along with it.

22. I can often read people very well; to do this, I judge people usually as soon as I meet them. I like it because I feel like I can connect with them, but I also don't like it because it's not completely accurate. One of the worst feelings is realizing you had somebody wrong and therefore haven't been treating them as you should have all along.

23. I love to feel like I'm part of something bigger than just me. It's one of the reasons I like going to places with huge crowds or gatherings.

24. Music is one of the few things I don't think I could go without in life. I don't consider myself religious...spiritual is a better term for it...but there are certain pieces of music that give me a feeling that I'd imagine a religious experience would feel like.

25. I think most people like to pretend they're more secretive than they really are. Things like the popularity of Facebook, personal blogs and the wide-spread posting of this note prove otherwise. I will say most people want to be more intimately known.

2. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

You know what's weird? I don't want to know 25 things about you, yet oddly I read the whole thing :)

3. pallister

pallister Guest

They had a special on the '82 Brewers on the MLB Network the other night. It was great watching highlights of that team with the old uniforms and mitt logo playing in County Stadium. If a team really wants to go retro with a new ballpark, they should bring back more venues like that.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

25 things, jeez. I'd be listing my favorite colors and height by the mid-teens.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

1. There are not 25 remotely interesting things about me

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There weren't about me either. I still did it. Didn't say it had to be interesting...just random. :D

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Post em :D

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hells no. I did it once on Facebook. I'm not doing an sj-centric one. :D

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Mine's the same one from Facebook, too. I just changed No. 1, which originally said I wasn't tagging anyone.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

1. I'm not egotistical enough to believe anyone is interested in 25 things about me.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

That's a little personal, isn't it, 'beetus?

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You all are no fun :p

Draft saved Draft deleted