1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

25 Best & Worst Hair Metal Bands Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 1, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Considering this joker can't figure out who's hair metal and who's not, I didn't see AC/DC on the best list. Bon Jovi. Great. Soundtrack of Junior High now stuck in my head. Shit.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Slave To The Grind is some good, gritty, grimy, authentic shit.

And while the guy was right on re: Dokken spending its career as the opening act, it put out two of the best albums of the era in "Tooth and Nail" and "Back For The Attack." And they did well enough overseas to issue a gold-selling live album. They would have hit no. 1 in 1990 if the jackasses Dokken and Lynch could have stuck together instead of trying to kill one another. Oh well.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Of course I read the worst list first...had to shake my head a few times for sure.

Then started the Best list. WINGER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think they flipped the two lists.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It was a bonafide genius who put Kix on the best list.

It's a blathering idiot who put Damn Yankees and Skid Rowe on the worst. What a jackass!

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Enuff Z'Nuff, Hanoi Rocks, Vixen and Kix don't belong on the Best List.

Skid Row doesn't belong on the Worst List. Where's Tora Tora? Britney Fox? Jetboy?

6. kokane_muthashed

Slaughter should be No. 1 on the Worst List.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

tora tora was underrated, but major props for remembering Britny Fox and Jetboy.

Britny Fox put on the worst show I've ever seen.

8. kokane_muthashed

Cinderella should be on the Best List somewhere. (Damn, I think my blood pressure's starting to rise!)

And Tesla! Where are they?

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I no longer am embarrassed for having seen Spice Girls live.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yeah, but even hair metal band ripped off their look. The Dolls should have gotten royalties from Motley Crue just for that. Jetboy was the name of a Dolls song.

By the way, if you're a Dolls fan, and you haven't seen the documentary on Killer Kane, you have to see it. It's about him getting back with the remaining Dolls for a reunion show (put on by Morrissey) after years in the gutter, followed by years as a Mormon. I believe the members of his church made it after they found out about his former life, and they lucked into filming the reunion gig.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Was Saigon Kick anywhere to found?

L.A. Guns?

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

HEY YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!

And don't tell me no, tell me yeah yeah yeah yeah yeahhhhhhhhhhh...

Draft saved Draft deleted