1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 24, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

LOL.

Where would you rate him?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

For real?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

One man alone could make Bryce Harper great again.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Make Bryce Harper Great Again!

7. Dick Whitman

I'd be remiss if I didn't also note Jose Abreu's 11 fucking home runs. Everyone seems to tiptoe around the elephant in the room when it comes to the White Sox's offensive issues this year. It's the hulking Cuban first baseman who morphed from Albert Pujols to latter-day Joe Mauer in two years.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yo, Dickie, Sale pitched a great game last night minus the 8th-inning homer that gave him the loss.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I know how much you love to troll and post shit just to see the reaction. But do you really believe Harper and Abreu suddenly suck?
    I don't know enough about Abreu, maybe he has turned to shit. I know a lot about Harper and I know he's having a bad year (and yet the Nats are much better than they were last year, thank you Daniel Murphy). He's probably not as good as he showed last year but he's better than he's showing now and he'll get it figured out. In the meantime, the team is much improved and has other guys who can help while he does. If he gets hot again, especially the way the Big Two are pitching, I might actually get excited again.

If he doesn't, I still think this team can do some damage.

10. Dick Whitman

I'm not trolling. It's a pretty shocking plummet for a unanimous MVP, no? I like the FiveThirtyEight.com article that analyzes his difficulties. I take no joy in this. I want him to be amazing.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Quite shocking, yes, but I'm not terribly worried. Yet. If we're having this discussion in a year, I'll be the guy on the bridge.

He hit his 13th double recently and I'm thinking that probably ought to be 30.

I can't emphasize enough what Daniel Murphy has meant to that team, in so many ways. That they're thriving despite Harper being so bad is due in very large part to him.

12. Dick Whitman

Not to mention Strasburg.

Draft saved Draft deleted