1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Season Finale: WE ARE OUT OF TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 21, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Silent countdown? Does Jack off himself?

WTF. What a shattastic season.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Off himself?? He walks outside and thinks, 'shit, I wish I had a car...'

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fixed. :D

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Dr. Melfi's going to have some free time soon and it sounds like Jack has some issues to work through...

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's time for my annual ranking of the 24 seasons!

6 edges out 3 for the fifth spot because the family stuff was pretty good. But the rest of the season sucked.

Also major kudos to my wife for riffing on the local newsdrone who called New York the biggest target for terrorists. She goes "I thought LA was?" Quality.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That was soooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

This show is going to have to win me back. If I don't hear the first five episodes next year are spec-freaking-tacular, I'm not watching.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but this year's first four hours were spec-freaking-tacular. And what did that get us? Twenty hours of shit.

8. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

Well, that was horrific. I don't think I need the quote function for this feeling: Boooooooo!

I can honestly say I'm done buying the DVDs.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Really disappointing.
    Plus the red-hot rumor was that someone who had been on a previous season, and hadn't been seen this season was going to make a dramatic appearance at the very end to set up what happens next.
    Lots of people thought it was going to be former President Palmer, having somehow faked his death and I kept waiting and waiting for it to happen, then, as the seconds counted down, I turned up the volume and nothing again. Just the ocean.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

What was amazing was that Audrey's dad's house was SO close to the drop-off point, Bauer was still soaking wet when he got there.

I assume he and Buchanan left the keys to their vehicle in the car for him to get there (groan).

A few clues:
    When Chang said to Buchanan - my people won't abandon me (the way you did Jack), I think he assumed Jack died on the oil rig because he didn't come back with them in the chopper.

I suspect Jack hasn't heard the last of the ol' Chinese.

That's after he disappears for another year and a half, and Chloe and Miles's 9-month old son (surely either the ugliest, or, in reverse genetic mutation, the best-looking kid in the world) starts working at CPU because he gets the brain genes from both sides.

11. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Was it a down year? Yeah, but it still beats the hell out of 98 percent of everything else on television.

I'll go ahead and say it. The ending...sets up next season nicely.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought that was referring to how the American gov't was content to let Jack get the life beaten out of him for a year.

Draft saved Draft deleted