1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oscar Gamble, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Hijacking the air traffic control system was already done in the second "Die Hard" movie. But it's not as if "24" has been completely original in everything it's done, nor is it reasonable to expect with 24 shows to fill a season. So I'll excuse it.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Same here. I didn't see it at first, but the voice is the dead give-away.

As for how I feel thus far, I don't know. I like it but it doesn't feel like 24. Considering how last year went, maybe that's a good thing.

Oh, and Tony is a bad ass. I still don't buy the "he's not dead" thing, but Tony as a villan is awesome.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Anyone know if i can catch the first hour online?

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Almost two hours in and Jack hasn't killed anybody.

How can they call this 24?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Filled with cliche after cliche. Only original idea, at least to 24, is turning Tony into a bad guy. But he's a bad guy who's doing pretty much the same thing as every other 24 bad guy! All the rest is cell phones, implied torture, a couple whackings, and quiet chases -- just like the last six seasons.

None of that's to say I don't like it.

6. schiezainc

Why is it that almost every season of 24 starts with "Jack has no control" and then goes to "Jack has limited control" and then turns into "Jack better listen to (fill in the blank)" to "Jack can do whatever the hell he wants"?

This season I think he went from Point A to Point D in record time. What? 40 minutes?

Not to be a nitpicker, but just once I'd like to see things drag out a bit before Jack just starts doing things.

And I really hate Fox right now. They ruined so much of these first couple episodes with the non-stop ads.

Still, this show rocks. I'm not invested quite yet but I can see myself getting there.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Jack's little raincoat is really bothering me.

8. schiezainc

Well, not a bad start.

As I was watching this I thought to myself "Just view this as a reboot" and, really, it wasn't too bad.

Is it up to the standards 24 has set in the past? No. Not yet.

But, it could get there.

As long as they avoid the "we've got to remove the President from office", "Kim showed up" and "Oh, no, there's Audrey" angles--and provided they don't bring anyone else back from the dead--I'll tune in weekly.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So what will tomorrow night's "first big twist of the season" be?

Jack actually working with Tony?? That would be both stupid and sweet.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I've missed the last two seasons because of the very stuff Schiezainc has described and thus far, I'm slightly enjoying SE07.

11. schiezainc

My bet? The secretary of state is setting this whole thing up and he's going to kick the president out of office.

Or ..... Chloe comes back and she's working with Tony!

Personally, I wish they'd have had the balls to blow the planes up. That would've been a pretty sweet "WTF" moment.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Chloe does come back this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted