1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oscar Gamble, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I don't think there was anything about last season that I enjoyed. To me, last season was like Blade Trinity, Spiderman 3, or X-Men 3......not worth buying even though i own the rest of the dvds in the series.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I know I've probably said this before, but the combination of a poor Day 6 and the realization that Joel Surnow is a complete whack job makes it hard for me to come back...but there's so much crap on tv these days that I'm willing to give it another shot.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Countdown is on.

24 starts at 8 Sunday night.

So, Beaker, you on board for this season or not?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Guys, guys...you're missing the point. old_tony is, quite literally, the old Tony. The lucky one who goes home to Michelle. If a new_tony ever shows up on these boards, that's the terrorist version. Do not trust him.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing this back up, I had forgotten to set the DVR!

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

DVR is set, and I rewatched Redemption on Sunday, so I'm ready. I'll never stop watching til it's cancelled.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I was worried about this season, but Redemption was good, so I'm hooked. They better have a good explanation for Tony being back.

8. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I don't need any explanations. I just enjoy watching. Nearly everyone I know has abandoned the show because it's "not realistic." Well, no shit. Either is 80 percent of the stuff on TV. Sure, it defies logic sometimes, but I choose not to care.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I still have to watch Redemption.

Already watched the trailer, but I need to get caught up and quick.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Kim and the cougar.

Though that might not be the sense of "oh fuck" that you intended. ;D

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've had Redemption in my tuner for six weeks and have to watch it before Sunday. I'm glad to see JakeandElwood said it was good or I might never get around to watching it.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You don't need an explanation for how one of the series' major characters, over several seasons, was dramatically and definitively killed, and they are just going to bring him back to life? Some suspension of disbelief is one thing, but this would seem to strain that in a big way. I need an explanation.

Also, a random fact: Carlos Bernard, who plays Tony, was initially hired to play Jack. When you hear him interviewed, he still seems pretty bitter about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted