1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 6: Noon-1 p.m. running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Feb 5, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That one gets said a lot, but it's a given.

That and

DAMMIT!

2. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

SIX MORE CC'S!!!!

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

see, this season just seems average. none of the lines stand out to me.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

There's the two standard lines that get said a few times a season the last few seasons:

"Chloe I'm uploading the information to you now"

"Ok I'm viewing it now" (to Chloe after she sends him the picture/schematics/other info on his PDA/cellphone)

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

sorry to drag this up so late.

This season has not thrilled me, but I think it's been good enough. Not this ep, however. Holy God, so bad. First of all, the President should never be the weakest character in any movie or TV show. Somebody seriously needs to give Kenny Anderson a microphone or something, because holy shit does he talk soft. I dunno if that's supposed to be for dramatic effect, but it's not working. I just have to turn the volume up all the time.

Secondly, I get that Peter MacNicol is supposed to be a little weasely and willing to bend and/or break rules to get his way, but nobody who gets to converse freely with the President would be dumb enough to suggest that Constitutional rule was based on the fact that the British fought while standing in a straight line. Absolutely asinine to expect the audience to follow that train of thinking at all.

Weak, weak episode, save the finish. Hopefully it was just a dud that will be redeemed next week.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Mert, it will be because this week is two hours long.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Those of you who didn't like this episode...man, I don't know what you're watching. This was a great episode and the sequence where Grame is being tortured was one of the greatest scenes in 24 history. Jack running the gamut of emotions when he's torturing Grame, from big brotherly affection to cold-blooded necessity. And after Grame confesses he's been trying to kill Jack ("This morning isn't the first time I've tried to kill you, Jack")...wow. First he's going to kill him, then he eases off the pedal because he sees his dad. Who, of course, is running the whole thing.

AND Powers Boothe appears!!! Seriously, how has this not happened yet? Powers Boothe is perfect for this show.

And with each successive thinly veiled Bush bash, I'm convinced this is the closest thing to liberal programming on Fox.

Draft saved Draft deleted