1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 6: Noon-1 p.m. running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Feb 5, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

According to the on-screen program guide from the cable company, tonight "Jack deals with unthinkable challenges" while "developments in the administration and at CTU intensify the critical circumstances facing the country."

::)

Dear cable company: THAT'S THE PREMISE OF THE WHOLE FRAKKING SERIES, YOU MORONS!

:D

The NY Times is a bit more forthcoming, but rather than spoil it I'll put it in one-point type: If you had a brother like that, you'd torture him too.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Maybe it's because last season was so great, but this season seems to be a real bore. it's just lacking to me.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just wait.

I can't wait to hear tonight's first damn it from Jack.

4. KYSportsWriter

And there it was.

:D

5. NDub

NDub Guest

OK, help.

I saw all of last season and everything so far this year. Graham ordered the hit on David Palmer, Tony Alameda and Michelle Dessler. Excuse my naivity, but why? I'm missing the connection.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Because he was helping the bad guys, and Palmer could link him to it, while Alameda and Dessler were simply casualties of his personal war.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

Jack just told Bill Buchanon that it was to protect the company.

8. KYSportsWriter

OK, what the hell? Jack's dad is still a bad guy? Shit...didn't see that one coming.

Damn.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

I had a feeling about his dad. He was just too sneaky.

And how about Graham's death? It's too bad Jack couldn't have killed him for all of the personal loss, anguish and near-death experiences Jack had in Season 5.

How about the Morris twist? For about 25 seconds, I thought he faked going to the hospital and instead to the terrorist HQ. Instead, he was set up. Also had no idea he was an engineer or whatever.

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

So is it a safe bet that Morris doesn't make it out alive?

11. KYSportsWriter

Chloe will save him somehow.

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I thought both of the major twists -- Morris being kidnapped and Jack's dad killing Graem -- were the kind of thing you could see coming a mile away. With the exception of finding out that Graem and Jack were brothers, this season hasn't had any of those "oh, shit" moments that 24 is known for.

Draft saved Draft deleted