1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24: 1/22 Running Out of Time Nuclear Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 22, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dear Board:

If you can't handle two 24 threads, I'm going to send Jack Bauer over to visit you --- after I tell him about the advances you made toward his daughter.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

THANK YOU. It's been bugging me for awhile that I haven't been able to place who Wayne looks like.

That said, I don't buy him as the President for a second. I barely bought him as his brother's chief of staff.

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Dear Board;

We like 21's thread better.

Sincerely;

The Ftards on the new thread

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

24 just entered "Lost" territory.

Silly sideplots that the writers came up with at 3:00 a.m. after a couple of joints.

And yes, I bet the son is Jack's kid and no, he won't kill his brother. Maybe lop off an ear or something.

And I can't wait until next week. :)

5. joe

joe Active Member

That's funny. But can the president break you down with a crossover?

6. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I'm also having trouble buying Kenny as the president. Don't know why, exactly. He's just not presidential. Plus, I probably missed a couple of things because I'm not sure exactly how he GOT to be president.

It's not like the title is handed down in the family, like royalty.

Dr. Romano must be sub-5 feet. He's much shorter even than Sutherland, who is a midget.
    The kid who played his young son towered over him.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ballscribe, wouldn't you rather have a point guard as president rather than a power forward or shooting guard? You want a leader who knows how to distribute the ball.
    Also, in a nation with a real chance of going Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton over a span of four presidents, the idea of a president's brother succeeding him in office might be 24's most realistic plot development.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here is picture of President Palmer when he played for the "Clips".

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The kid is definitely Jack's son. He even looks like Jack's pain in the ass (but yes, incredibly hot) daughter.

I'm having trouble with DB Woodside as the president, too. Just doesn't have the same presence as Dennis Haysbert. I could have bought him as Jack's successor much more easily, running around kicking some terrorist ass.

Can we get Jack a looser fitting shirt, please? Dude looks ready for a training bra.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why? Who else? I really should start watching this show (well, taping since my Monday nights are otherwise occupied.

I know about Siddig and Cromwell has played multiple characters between the various Star Trek movies and shows.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If the producers have a sense of humor they'll have Jack drop a helicoptor on him.

12. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Perfect. That's definitely how it should happen. But first, Jack should saw off his arm.

Agree with President Palmer/Anderson not being very presidential. I'm not really buying it. It's the only thing about this season so far that's kinda bothering me.

They pretty much set up the boy being Jack's son when Romano told his wife "you're still not over him." Obviously indicates there was a past relationship which produced Elisha Cuthbert's twin brother.

Draft saved Draft deleted