1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

230 MPG Car

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

WANT!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2008/06/05/washburn.230.mpg.car.kfmb

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm waiting for a Woot off.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Interesting, but I'll wait to see how many cupholders it has.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The inventor currently as both of his feet in wet cement and is about to be thrown into the ocean...

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Would anybody actually buy this? Also, wouldn't it make sense for Ford or GM, in terrible financial standing, to pick this up in an attempt to revive themselves?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you were tempted to buy a Smart car or somesuch, this is about the same size, cooler and gets about six times better gas mileage.

Looks kinda flimsy, though. Like it would fall to pieces on the highway like an Indy car.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

They did say in the video that it was safer than regular cars and could travel highway speeds. I'd want to see results still, but saying it did hold up, would that be a yes for you?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If I were in the market for a 2-seater, which I am currently not.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ace, the four seater only gets 115 MPG.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I have been considering buying a Smart Car and just made some inquiries after reading this thread. If I put down a $99 refundable reservation fee today, I can expect delivery in about a year.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

See, that's not gonna work.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No problem. Put down the reservation, buy a Hummer cheap to drive for a year. When you get the Smart car, you can park it in the Hummer.

Draft saved Draft deleted