1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

22 years ago today...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Forgive the fanboi looser in me: The Drive. :mad:

28 years ago last Sunday: Red Right 88 :mad:

I was there for both (not to mention The Shot)... ugh.

Nothing to see here, all is well... move along.

* This pathetic whine is officially concluded *

2. IJAG just bought an RPG and doesn't know why.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes she does.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Motherf...
    Old wounds never really heal.
    And next week is the 21st anniversary of "The Fumble." Fucking Webster Slaughter.

5. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Never quite understood some of the hoopla of this stuff. ...

The Drive only got the game into overtime, and the Browns won the coin toss.

The Fumble came on a play that would have only tied the game.

Red Right 88 came in the first round of the playoffs. The Browns would have had to travel to San Diego to face Fouts and Co. the next week. Yes, the Raiders beat SD, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

The Shot came in the first round of the playoffs. Chicago went on to lose to the Pistons and the Cavs would have, too.

When you never win, your close losses are probably more painful. But none of these is worth the hype.

If Cleveland fans want to piss and moan, do it about the 97 Series, when Mesa blew a ninth-inning lead in Game 7 (but even that is over-hyped, since the Indians led all seven games of the Series, and found ways to lose four of them).

6. Killick

Aaaaarghh!!!!!! Jose Mesa!!!!!!
    You're killing me, Goldy!!!

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Not to thread-jack, but next Monday is the seventh anniversary of the Tuck Rule game and this falls into the category of "get the f*** over it" as well. But, of course, when anything happens that favors the Patriots, this board goes into witch-hunting mode.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I guess you don't live in Cleveland, YOU LIVE IN CINCINNATI!

9. Killick

Easy, there, Coach Sam. :p

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A. WTF does Slaughter have to do with the Fumble?

B. Shit. Colton, I was thinking about this last night, but kind of shut my mind off from it. Thanks. :(

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

C. Goldeaston, anyone on here can tell you my long-lasting hatred of Jose Fucking Mesa (his official name). I was in my dorm room, watching it on TV, actually on the phone with my mom (another long-time Indians fan). I literally screamed. I hate that fat fuck.

11. Killick

He was supposed to block Castille. Instead, he took two or three steps from the line of scrimmage and just watched the play develop. Byner caught so much shit over the fumble for years, but it was Slaughter's fault. Never even put a mit on Castille.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bullshit. Doesn't matter who hits Byner...if he's not carrying that thing away from his body like a goddamn loaf of bread, Terry Tate could have hit him and not knocked it loose.

Protect. The. Goddamn. Ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted