1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like they're finally going to split up the tag titles again, with each one needing to be grabbed in the ladder match.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

So, if one team grabs the red belts, they can just say "peace out" and call it a night? Or one team has to get all 4 belts?

3. nietsroob17

A lot of these were basically Dark and Elevation style talents, although I find it funny that Boudreaux (Wish.com Brock Lesnar) has now been released by both top companies.

Dasha was the #2 ring announcer, so I don't know what they're going to do if Justin Roberts needs a day.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seeing Rollins take the bump through the table, I can’t help but think how risky it is to have one of your main eventers working in the ring just a few days before your biggest shows of the year.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If they want to, sure.
    Not one team has to get all four, just all four have to be claimed. So Judgment Day could grab the red belts and New Day the blue, for example. Or DIY could grab all four. It seems designed to split them up.

6. nietsroob17

Inevitably, Cody and Seth will lose the tag match somehow to up the stakes Sunday night, creating a glorious clusterfuck of run-ins.

Who comes in to help Cody? Is it Cena and Austin, as one rumor has bred? Is it all the guys who have been wronged by the Bloodline before (Sami, Owens, Knight, etc.)? Mama Rhodes comes in after overpowering Mama Rock? Do they somehow work out a miracle deal to bring in Dustin for one night only? Or do we simply get Rock turning on Roman?

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yeah they should’ve left the tag belt thing a little more ambiguous if you ask me, make it a surprise that they split up.

until today I thought Roman was walking out champ. Now I dont….. these last 2 endings have been HEAVY on face beatdowns I dont know how they lose again without breaking the fan base

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Especially since Roman's reached the point where he can't drop the belt anywhere but Wrestlemania without it feeling "just not right." If Roman wins, it's going to be hard to emotionally invest in any of his matches for the next year.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Couldn't help but notice the lingering hug between Roman and Rock with the Wrestlemania sign in the background. I was almost waiting for Rock to give him a Rock Bottom right there.
    Also, interesting that Roman held up the championship belt at the end while Rock held up the weight belt with "Nightmare" conspicuously written on it. Just a couple of things to chew on for the next few days.

I'd say they're hinting at a double turn,but I have no idea how they pull it off without completely mucking it up. Cody needs to win, he needs to win clean (even if there's going to be gobs and gobs of interference, there needs to be no doubt), and that's the end of it. Nothing else works.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or to have some fun, what if one team grabs one set, and then two guys from different teams grab one belt each. I’m thinking Judgment Day gets one belt, then R-Truth grabs the other. Truth then tries again to join JD.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

I dont think Rock can turn so soon. He’s been SO heel it would be some Vince Russo swerve bullshit to turn him now.

He can’t be in cahoots with Cody either. Cody would be such a heel to do that to his own mother. Its crossed a line where I don’t think that works.

I also think there’s a line where too many super friends (Cena, Austin, etc) helping Cody makes him look like a twerp.

Then there’s the brand split….. Cody’s on Raw so unless there’s a fast draft Smackdown has no world title for a while? That’s odd.

Lot of possibilities leaves things unpredictable in terms of how we get to a Cody win, but there’s a lot of potential eye roll scenarios too

12. JimmyHoward33

Then there’s Jey not taking much of a beating just being “thrown” backstage …. Bread crumb?

Draft saved Draft deleted