1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I really like this idea. The King of the Ring "title" has more often than not been a black hole for the winner's momentum. Having it mean something is great.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is pretty awesome. A Twitter thread of clips where people used wrestling moves in street fights.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I loved their character work in NXT, but I don't know why Candice and Indi have become the designated top tag team contenders for these international shows. First Australia, now Saudi.

I suppose it's at least an improvement over the first one of these stupid Saudi shows, when the female wrestlers weren't even allowed in the door.

4. nietsroob17

5. nietsroob17

Orton or Gunther: who's it going to be? With this new stipulation in mind, I think both would be in great position for a killer feud with Cody.

On the women's side, I know they seem to be behind Nia during this run, but I think they're going to go with Lyra as the giant-killer.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Guess it depends on how they view Damian Priest. Is he a transitional champion they want to feed to Gunther (or McIntyre), or somebody they're really hitching their wagon to? He hasn't exactly stood out as champion yet, even if there hasn't been much of an opportunity to do so.
    Orton-Cody and the Legacy stable coming full circle would be interesting. Maybe they can spring Ted Dibiase Jr. from prison to make an appearance. Doubt there would be much drama in the final outcome, though.

Orton winning King of the Ring could set up an interesting scenario. It'd open up Gunther to win Money in the Bank. Then, assuming Punk-McIntyre isn't ready for SummerSlam, you have McIntyre take the title from Priest there and replay the Wrestlemania cash-in with Gunther. Punk interferes again and it keeps that feud white hot.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its a little unclear if the King/Queen get title matches on their brand or if they can choose like Royal Rumble.

I like the concept either way cuz it introduces real doubt that Orton can win, whereas without it its 99% Gunther’s crown

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

On their brand.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maxxine channeling some Conquistador energy with her outfit.

10. nietsroob17

Holy hell.

11. nietsroob17

Gable as the second coming of Kurt Angle (with the Creeds likely as his Benjamin and Haas) is going to be amazing TV.

12. nietsroob17

Oh, damn, I can't wait to see the nuclear heat when Punk screws with Drew in Scotland. Like when he flipped with MJF in Long Island.

Draft saved Draft deleted