1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Toni Storm's photograph was taken in 1952 and added digitally after the wedding.

Inky_Wretch and sgreenwell like this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

Also, I'm not sure who the woman in the red mini-dress and cowgirl boots is, but ... cheese cracker.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the eventual end game (if there is one) will be with Toni's gimmick. Maybe it's a long dream, a la Newhart?

Meanwhile, waiting for this to come to TV:

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  4. nietsroob17

My best educated guess of what I know and have seen in online posts, from left: Skye Blue, Toni Storm, Kris Statlander, Harley Cameron (in the mini dress), Queen Aminata (?), Anna Jay, The Bunny, Penelope Ford and Tay Conti

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

Seven hundred forty-one of them are men's titles.

Long past time for an AEW women's tag team championship.

Batman likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

This was a real good listen. Really is remarkable that Hornswoggle went for as long as he did, with so many chapters. That WeeLC match he had with Torito really was a surprise classic.

And just trying to wrap my mind around Hornswoggle being riding partners with Mark Henry and Khali (and Shawn Daivari).

7. nietsroob17

Lordy. One night after NXT did the double winner thing with the North American qualifier, AEW does the exact same thing for the FTW qualifier.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Watching via DVR ...

When did AEW lose the license to the Bullet Club Gold name?

9. nietsroob17

They just haven't used it, since the other Bullet Club guy (Juice Robinson) has been out, since the Gunns aren't part of the group. I think they also just like the original name.

Meanwhile, how will Malakai Black ever be able to come back from the Strawberry Smuckers bath?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good question. Or not wanting to share merch royalties with NJPW?

Also, how the hell do they get the ring cleaned up after all that … red goop?

11. Inky_Wretch

LOL. Loved the gimmicked announcers’ table collapsing because Sonjay was cleaning it off.

12. Inky_Wretch

So Mox is in the building while his BCC mate is getting mauled in the ring and does nothing. Wrasslin’ friendships are weird.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted