1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Kobe 6-for-24 in Game 7 of 2010 Finals.
    Ant 6-for-24 tonight.

Nice homage.

Stunning win. Not even because of the whole "Minnesota sports" thing, but Denver for two years has been the most dependable, unstoppable team in fourth quarters, not to mention often unbeatable at home. To blow a 20-point second-half lead in Denver? Incredible.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Anyone else shocked Denver gave up so early? Why not foul?

The Knicks DL would give Boston a series.

I would not be surprised if we've already seen the best series. Neither conference finals strikes me as particularly interesting yet. I guess go T-Wolves, but KAT's game is as un-fun to watch as Edwards is fun.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Stunned at Denver in the last 30 seconds. They just wanted it to be over. Didn't even make an effort.

Karl Towns may be my least-favorite player in the league, but if he is willing to keep playing like he did in the second half tonight I think Minnesota wins the title. And Naz Reid is a badass.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

KAT makes the stupidest fouls but he played fantastic defending Jokic and hustling , that putback put the game away.

I made fun of Gobert for 3 qtrs as the worst offensive player with the ball in the NBA and the. He hits some huge FTs and that jumper and the layup(?) when it slipped out of his hand. Plus the huge O rebounds.

And Naz on Joker was no contest, two big blocks.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Towns has to be the most frustrating guy to coach. His defense absolutely shut down the best big man in the league... but he plays like that so rarely, they traded away all their picks to get Gobert.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Amazing run by the T'wolves.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Gobert awkward fadeaway goes in maybe 1 in 10 attempts. That’s when you knew it was done.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

My first sports memory is Magic winning '80 MVP. I've read 2 million words about the Lakers in my lifetime and written 300,000 words about them on Lakers boards. I have VHS tapes from the '80s of their games and have watched thousands of YouTube videos of their games. I continue to throw pillows in anger at 1 a.m. EST when they fuck up a game late on the West Coast.

And I can say I'm pretty sure George Karl still manages to tweet more about the Lakers than I do.

x.com

The man has just not gotten over being drilled in 1995, 1998, 2008, 2009 and 2012 by various versions of the Lake Show.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There cannot be anywhere, except maybe the broadcast team for North Korea's national soccer team, as horrible and pathetic a group of homers as the broadcast crew for the Celtics' cable network (Mike Gorman excepted of course and no wonder he's retiring). There sycophancy is disgusting. The Celtics are an excellent team. They don't need fluffing. One reason I liked Larry Bird is how much he hated fluffing.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Did you miss the ridiculousness of ESPN's coverage of Game 7 at MSG?

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

https://slate.com/culture/2004/01/the-myth-of-the-tough-boston-sports-fan.html

Charlie Pierce from '04.

What’s the point of being from Boston if you can’t credibly refer to people elsewhere as rubes and yahoos?

Draft saved Draft deleted