1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe, but even with the wretched season last year (at least on defense and ST, offense was pretty good considering the patchwork OL) Dilfer's seat isn't hot in the least. He may have pissed off Guvnah Maw Maw, and probably pissed off the UA BoT, but they can't fire him for cause and they won't spend what it would take to run him off.

I sure would have liked to be a fly on the wall to hear the conversation among the Board of Trustees, though.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I wrote what I did in the very specific context of this moment in state government, when everybody is temporarily putting oppressing women and gays and librarians on the back burner for a second because they are training their guns on this union vote coming up in a few days at the Mercedes plants in West Alabama.

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

It would tickle my root if the Mercedes and Honda plants unionized. We'll see. You know that the state courts are going to allow all sorts of underhanded pressure, so unless it rises to making a federal case they have carte blanche.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

SixToe likes this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, the whole grad transfer deal only became "normal," what, 10 years ago?? Russell Wilson was one of the first, IIRC.

None of this stuff was "normal" 15 years or more ago.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And Russell Wilson only did it because his stupid coach at NC State shoved him out the door. That worked out great for Tom O’Brien.

The grad transfer rule has been around a lot longer, probably since c. 2000, but it was little used until recent years.

Draft saved Draft deleted