1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college basketball coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 8, 2023.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Is that enough of a tradeoff for the beating his ego would take, and for no longer being able to promote himself as some amazing coaching candidate for every opening that comes along?

FWIW, I think he could be a success at Okie State. He loves the place and they love him, he seems to have an understanding of the importance of NIL, and he seems to have some serious inroads into the AAU scene.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

His brother Greg was a Division I assistant for several teams, not sure what he is doing now. I used to see Doug at some games when he was visiting.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As Costanza says, go out on a good one.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. BurnsWhenIPee

After having Caitlin Clark for 4 years, really can't blame her. Probably never going to be as good as it has been.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And she screwed her successor by doing this now instead say, a week after the title game.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What if the timing is a Dean Smith-Bill Guthridge deal, done to ensure an internal promotion because there’s no alternative?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. BurnsWhenIPee

I would bet folding money that was the case, tapin.

And this successor has been her associate head coach and lead recruiter for something like 20 years. So I don't think this is screwing her at all.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

because there is a coaching change, I believe every kid has a chance to enter the portal. So if there are kids that leave / or the incoming kids -- like the one from Villanova who signed two and a half weeks ago -- want to walk away, they can and there's probably slim pickings in the portal even compared to a month ago.

9. micropolitan guy

Numerous reports of Gottlieb being the new head coach at UW-Green Bay.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ell Oh Ell

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Anything to get him off my radio is fine by me.

12. micropolitan guy

Draft saved Draft deleted