1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college basketball coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 8, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sadly that’s probably pretty good training for those “going pro in something other than sports.” It’s now standard career advice to switch jobs frequently in order to maximize your earnings, because companies would rather shove money to the new guy than reward long-term employees with meaningful raises.

None of it feels like a great way to organize a society.

John and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Given the acrimony involved in the relatively recent departure of Rick Pitino I have trouble seeing junior coming back.

3. Hot and Rickety

Hot and Rickety Active Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Broken clock, bitches!!! :D This is a great hire, even if the Louisville fans are inexplicably in a rage about it. They'll be very good again very fast.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I wish he had gone elsewhere, but I'm happy for Pat Kelsey. Good guy.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I’d love to know if there was mutual interest between Huggins and the ‘Ville.

7. tapintoamerica

I have noticed that Huggins has gone on a national radio show tour in recent days. Seeking to rehab his image, he has said he has been sober for 300 days. Good for him. I still wouldn't hire him.

sgreenwell and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I'd have to think that was a one-way street. Huggy is old and homophobic (and possibly anti-Catholic?) with a litany of drinking-related issues. More importantly for Louisville and other blue bloods, he's gotten out of the Sweet Sixteen once this century. I can definitely see him landing at a mid-major that just doesn't give a fuck (maybe Trumpy High Point if Alan Nuss leaves or McNeese State after Will Wade rides off into the sunset?) but his days with the big boys are done.

franticscribe and wicked like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Huggy managed to disparage gays and Catholics in a two-second span, that takes talent.

10. tapintoamerica

I wonder if Shaheen Holloway or the Indiana State guy are happy to (still) be playing in the NIT. Every day that they win is another day the coaches can't pursue another job. After a while, some opportunities disappear in this era of portal-induced immediacy.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The agents are still accepting phone calls.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No. Entirely one way.

Draft saved Draft deleted