1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just a fun, quick throwback to the infamous ending of the 1976 Steelers vs. College All-Stars Game. Just because.
    Come for the apocalyptic storm, stay for the riot.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The USC receiver
    Roy Williams was good enough for the Lions Jerry Jones gave up a No. 1 pick for him
    Of course, they drafted Brandon Pettigrew

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Panel Finds Daniel Snyder Interfered With Sexual Harassment Investigation Roger is going to take a few hits, give back a couple a shots, but for $80-100 million in career earnings he”ll do what Jerry, Dan and Bobby want. You dont own an NFL team to get into the showers in the locker with the big sweaty men. You own the team so you can take liberties with every female you see. The NFL doesn’t care that what the owners do because the owners are the NFL. Goodell is slightly more than a spokesmodel. I honestly thought that holding back money would be Snyder’s undoing, but based on the lack of a reaction, they all probably do it. They might not have invented skimming, but their lawyers and accountants have apparently just about perfected it. In the end the only thing that distinguishes one owner from another is winning. Keeping Snyder around is good for the Monday morning standings for the other teams.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed Goodell testifying in front of Congress today - particularly when Jim Jordan was on. I can imagine the NFL coms people having to explain "follow-up" questions to Goodell.

And I'm sorry if your public response to a scandal is to announce you will hire a big shot lawyer to do a "full review" of the situation - don't you owe it to the public to announce the results of said review? Or at least announce what the team will need to do to remedy the situation?

I do hope Peter King has some book squirreled away, only to be published after his death with all the stuff he sat on for years in exchange for access.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  5. heyabbott

It’s called selling your soul to the devil, not leasing it or renting. King, Shefty, Mort, wholly owned subsidiaries of Fuck You Inc dba NFL LLC

6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Snyder really is a petty little shitstain, isn't he?

All the money in the world can't buy an ounce of class.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

17 Game suspension suspension. NFL quietly forces him to settle the remaining cases. Once that happens and there are no more surprises he will be reinstated. Contrition, apology and redemption. America does that so well with its sports stars, as long they can still play.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My guess is 1 year + a fine commensurate with what that would mean had his salary been equal over the years of the contract.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That sounds about right.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is their not a maximum fine in the CBA?

Draft saved Draft deleted