1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sounds like it. Read the first letter of each word.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Guys...looking for help. I’ve been trying to find a Flair promo from WM8, his “damaged goods” feud with Savage.

On the PPV, Flair did a promo from the airport on the tarmac outside his private jet, presumably the morning of. I can’t find it anywhere. Anybody know the one I’m talking about?

4. Baron Scicluna

It may be one of those things that the E chopped out and then nobody can put it on video.

I still love the promo he gave at WM 8 after he lost the title to Savage. Perfect starts off on a rant, Heenan joins them after supposedly coming down from tbe broadcast booth and does some ranting, then Flair starts his promo very quietly and ends up in an epic rant. I saw it on YouTube a few years ago and haven’t been able to find it since either.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is this the first time in a generation or two that the WWE is fully handing over the keys to a new generation at Wrestlemania?
    It's the first time since Wrestlemania 10 in 1994 that neither the Undertaker nor Triple H have appeared on the card. Mainstays like Cena, Rock, Kane and Lesnar are also absent. Orton is here, but he's still a fully active wrestler and hardly a nostalgia act or special attraction yet.
    There's not a true nostalgia match for the first time in a while, unless you count Edge chasing the Universal Championship. But even he has been around for the past year or so.
    It's a weird thing to say when four of the five guys in the two big championship matches have been around for 10-15 years now and the other is a 20-25-year guy, but this Wrestlemania has a different vibe to it than others in recent years without a plethora of Attitude Era acts sucking some of the air out of the room.
    Maybe a half-baked thought, but just something that occurred to me in thinking about the card.

6. Baron Scicluna

Looks line we have a rain delay. They should have Titus pull a Rick Dempsey and slide into a puddle.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm kind of digging these impromptu backstage promos. They've been a bit of goofy fun. Loved the McIntyre-Lashley confrontation, with McIntyre adding the nice touch of pulling the Sarah Schreiber to his right side so he didn't have to turn his back on Lashley.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the Raw tag team championship match. They told a great story with the way the New Day dominated AJ, and then how they put over Omos in the second half of the match. It was two squash matches in one, but it worked really well. AJ's Phenomenal Forearm off of Omos' shoulders was cool, too. As they move forward as a team, I hope they figure out more moves like that that play off of Omos' size and AJ's agility. I enjoy the Master Blaster qualities of their team.

As expected, the actual match between Braun and Shane was probably the only redeeming part of their feud.

Seth-Cesaro was quite good. Not really show-stealing quality, but a solid mid-card match. Really enjoyed Cesaro's emotion at the end for getting a Wrestlemania singles win finally.

Rather surprised they had Lashley go over Drew. Probably the right move to keep Lashley as a strong heel champion -- a loss there could have killed his momentum and turned him into a forgettable transitional champion -- but I thought for sure that Drew was winning as a make-good for not getting the full "Wrestlemania Moment" last year.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

He's been helped with 3 of the greatest workers on the roster, but Bad Bunny absolutely killed it tonight. That could be the best showing I've ever seen from a non-athlete celebrity.

Batman likes this.
  10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Jobbing to a pop star. You can't say the Miz isn't a loyal soldier.

11. nietsroob17

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

In the last two Wrestlemanias that he had competed in, Miz has been pinned by Bad Bunny and Shane McMahon.

Draft saved Draft deleted