1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2021 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JRoyal, Jan 5, 2021.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

a year ago i really liked him. I dont know if hes changed his style or if its just grating on me, or if its the 4 man booth, but hes stepping all over the other guys and driving me nuts

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

AEW’s booth has too many PxP guys trying to do the same job. At least Jericho understands his role.

Inky_Wretch and Huggy like this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Bill Goldberg and Adam Pearce will be competing for WWE's top two belts at one of their flagship PPVs. God bless 2021.

Batman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sadly, I'm a million times more interested in the match with Adam Pearce.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

On another note ... Was that the start of a face turn for Nakamura? He won three matches in the gauntlet match, got screwed out of the title shot, Bryan gave him the show of respect at the end, and the announcers were talking up his performance.

Gutter likes this.
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Definitely agree four guys is too much, especially when Jericho is one of them since he is such a huge personality. JR and Schiavone are legends, Excalibur doesn't seem to do much but invent names for moves and read promos for NBA games and AEWshop.com.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

hopefully. The guy is incredible. It was weird they kind of ignored Cesaro and their tag team but Nak is really a break glass in case of emergeancy guy you could put in a main event at any moment.

there were rumors this week Bryan is calling for more NXT callups in his role on creative. Its been squashed and I tend to agree.... you’ve got stars like Nak Cesaro Allestair Black and more barely on TV, make use of them before you bring in Damien Priest or Velveteen Dream or whoever

8. JimmyHoward33

on the plus side, two title matches under 10 minutes will keep the Rumble under 4 hours and puts more stars in the Rumble match.

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe it was only three years ago that he won the Royal Rumble and was red hot. Then he had his ro-sham-bo feud with AJ Styles and he's never been the same. He was a guy they could have turned into a mega-superstar with a well-timed world championship reign, it was right there for them to give it to him, and for some reason they decided not to.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That’s the E in general. They have to be dragged kicking and screaming into making new stars.

I’ve read somewhere that Nakamura sees his run with the E as his path to retirement. Easier work than in Japan and make a lot of money doing not.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thinking about it some more today, I wonder if Jinder Mahal was the reason Nakamura's 2018 push got derailed? They were coming off of one foreign champion who couldn't cut a great promo, and might have been hesitant to put the belt right back on another. Plus, with Lesnar as the Raw champion they were probably looking for a reliable workhorse (Styles) rather than rolling the dice with someone new. Styles did wind up keeping the belt for a year as an excellent babyface champ.
    Nakamura certainly seemed ready for it, but there might have been some logic behind it.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

WWE has a video version of the New Day podcast, which is a tribute to Brodie Lee. In addition to New Day, they've got Breeze, Cesaro and Rowan -- and Rowan's recollections are heartbreaking.

WWE Network - Our Time with Jon Huber

Draft saved Draft deleted