1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Baron answered, but yeah, they definitely need to bring in Kane for a guest shot on this angle, just so we can have the headline, "Mayor of Knoxville incinerated; status for next board meeting uncertain"

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As an aside, I turned on Raw Talk for a couple of minutes last night just to see if there was some evidence in the ring of the show-closing angle. Not only was there not, but Charley Caruso and R-Truth were acting like they had no clue what had happened -- even though their set was right in front of the ring.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

i just want to point out that having R-truth in the Paul Heyman role of the “talking” shows says a whole lot about how talented the 24/7 I-95 european tv champion is

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

6. JimmyHoward33

Its a journalism board so I’ll go there.... who the F was Mitchell’s source and why? Hows a guy thats been around for 30 years get it so wrong? Holy moses.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's doubling down on it, too.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Had to go through a couple of pages of Google results, but here is the original column, reposted by someone else on a different page. Not only does he accuse Huber's family of being involved in a cover up, he accuses the wrestling industry of recklessly "strengthening" the virus and the pandemic and comparing the industry's response to COVID with how it handled the Chris Benoit murders.

They accuse AEW of hiding that Brodie Lee allegedly died of covid-19

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I read the column before and thought it was dreck. I read it again just now, and still think that.

I don’t even think he had a source. He just decided to speculate based upon past events in the business that had little to do with anything and tried the “I’m just asking questions” excuse with no basis other than his opinion and conspiracy theorizing.

Would I like to know more about what Jon had? Sure. Would I be accusing his wife and his company of a coverup? Nope.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

From Ananda Huber:

11. JimmyHoward33

Wow yeah I assumed he had a bad source but it looks more and more like hes just a covid crazy. What a horrible thing. If anything, being around the business, you ought to be MORE inclinced to believe in and trust and respect someone as universally praised and beloved as Brodie

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

The lack of a source is inexcusable. Even as a columnist, with something like that, you make some calls and ask a few people. You don't throw raw, baseless conjecture out without trying to verify anything. And that's all he did. But let's be honest, that's what 95 percent of wrestling "journalism" is. And this is part of why journalists get a bad name. Dude has been at this for 30 years and doesn't know the basics of journalism because he isn't a real journalist and just plays at being one, but he calls himself one and too many others start seeing him and people like him as representative of the profession. (And that's not to say you can't get burned with good sourcing; I've seen it happen first-hand. But you make the fucking effort at least.)

2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted