1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Wade Barrett: "Zombies are legal in this matchup."

Don't think I've heard that since Gordon Solie in the 80s.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Holy shit with these NXT women's matches tonight. Vicious bump by Candice at the end.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Orange Cassidy needs a title run.

Omega bringing back The Cleaner for a heel run will be cool.

Huggy likes this.
  4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Good god almighty theyve killed Candace LeRae. She is broken in half.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am all over an Omega heel turn. Like many I was indifferent to Orange Cassidy but he gives you a great match every week. I have been a Jerichoholic forever but MJF is the greatest heel working today, I am torn on this storyline.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I guess there are plenty of options with it. Turn Jericho to a face with MJF (and Cody) being the big bads. Split the Inner Circle with MJF taking a couple With him and Wardlow aligning with Jericho. Or simply have MJF build a stable of his own.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Could see all of those options. A while ago it really looked like Wardlow would split with MJF but that was kind of sidelined with his challenge of Moxley. Jericho would be great in either role.

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I like Orange Cassidy's shtick but.....does anyone else care that he doesn't look like he should be able to beat up anybody (on the roster)?

9. JimmyHoward33

Stuff like this makes me feel good about the world.

It came through on the excellent newtork doc on Orton/Undertaker as well. The way Taker taught Randy, the things you hear about Edge and Daniel Bryan with today’s young guys....the business is in a hell of a lot better shape than the old carny, kick Miz out of the locker room and haze Justin Roberts days

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You mean that he doesn’t look like a roided-up freak? Nah, it’s a key part of the gimmick.

I mean, he could dress like this. Would this be better?

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Jungle Boy and Marko Stunt don't think it's a big deal.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. JimmyHoward33

not to be all Jim Cornette but seeing Hager win another MMA fight last night and be basically a jobber in aew is silly. At least his losses are “big” guys like Cody and Mox but he’s not taken seriously

Draft saved Draft deleted