1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's especially weird since they definitively blew off the feud at the last PPV, with the legends and McIntyre all getting their moments of payback.

Between this and Reigns-Uso II, Hell in a Cell feels very much like a placeholder PPV, and then they'll reset the feuds for Survivor Series.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

You got Reigns-Uso II, Orton-Drew III and then you've got the Mysterio/Rollins/Murphy mess that's gone on for a couple years it seems.

SMELL THE FRESHNESS!

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If Sasha Banks vs Bayley doesnt go on last in the cell we riot

4. nietsroob17

First, they've got to get on the card. I'm sure there will be some shenanigans in their match Friday to set something up.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I switched over from the debate to AEW to see the Jericho 30-year anniversary. Best part was the closing credits, which only listed Jericho’s name.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

Kinda surprised it was a clean ending. Figured there would be some sort of angle advancement there.

On another note ... Ridge Holland was placed into an angle with one of the NXT linchpins in Cole, and tonight he destroyed his ankle. Damn bad luck.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

they should’ve rolled the list of 1,004 holds

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

Don't think you can just put a Band-Aid on this one. Looks like he did damn near everything he could have suffered to his lower leg.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just watched it. You can hear him screaming. Poor guy. Hope he recovers.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Kross, Nox (heartbreaking; I'm trying to believe this isn't a work), Balor, O'Reilly, Holland ... NXT can't catch a break.

I wouldn't surprised to see a couple more from Raw/Smackdown move there on a more permanent basis.

11. nietsroob17

And then it was only about a month ago when they had to stop a taping precautionary when Gargano was dropped on his head, ironically by Holland.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Remember when WWE back in the fall, with the move to TV, said NXT would be on equal footage with RAW and SmackDown? NXT isn’t part of the draft, is it? Seems like they’re back to openly calling NXT a third wheel.

Draft saved Draft deleted