1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Presidential poll - Pre-Primary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jan 20, 2020.

?

Who would you pick for president?

1. Joe Biden

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. Michael Bloomberg

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. Pete Buttigieg

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Amy Klobochar

8 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. Deval Patrick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bernie Sanders

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  7. Tom Steyer

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. Donald Trump

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  9. Elizabeth Warren

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  10. Andrew Yang

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's never, ever, ever going to happen.

I don't know why people do this stuff. I'm always hearing the "I bet he retires to let the VP take over!" predictions. No, he won't.

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why would they have to "make an argument" or "deny all knowledge" about it? Of course that would be what they were doing.

After the whole sequence of the reign of Fatfuck, the Democratic response to any GOP whining about using technicalities in the law should be, " tough shit, fuck off, elections have consequences."

If they started bitching (which you know of course they would) about "technicalities" and "little-known clauses of the constitution," just throw it back in their faces, "romper room is over, we've sent fat daddy Fatfuck off to the dotard farm, buckle up your chinstraps, go read the Constitution, it really ain't that hard." It's not like the 10-year maximum/limitation is any fiendish nefarious secret, it was discussed at quite some length in 1974-76 (Ford would have been ineligible to run again had he won in 76) as well as several episodes of The West Wing, so certainly any GOP "constitutional scholars" should be well aware of it.

Nobody over 80 years old should be president. Ever.
    In fact, IMO nobody over 65 should be president. But, whatever it takes to get rid of Fatfuck: By Any Means Necessary.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The GOP would make an argument that the Democrats are skirting the will of the people and they'd be right. Democrats would deny knowledge because that would be the only way to avoid a perfect sweep in Congress.

And the irony of "tough shit, fuck off, elections have consequences" line is elections have consequences and the consequences here is you lose the congress, the presidency and you burn some very good leaders from ever being president. It's a terrible idea and flies in the face of why the 22nd amendment was passed.

Trump needs to be defeated but this strategy would never happen. Just like PC said. Never, ever, ever will that happen.

4. Starman

LOL
    ALL this is predicated on the presumption that Biden (or, I suppose, Bernie, or Bloomberg, or Warren for that matter) won the election by a fairly hefty margin -- more than 2.8M most likely -- in any case, enough of a margin to survive the inevitable morning-after GOP ratfucking and bullshit attempts to overthrow the results.

As far as "skirting the will of the people," the rejoiner would be, "hey, if the presidential candidate is 77 and the VP candidate is 56, does not the little thought fly through your mind that the VP might at some point become president? And in any case it wouldn't become relevant until 2028, if the voters think she is doing a bad job they can vote her out. Hell, if they are really irate about it, they could vote her out in 2024." And, in conclusion, "Unlike the Trumpnazi Fascist GOP, we assume the voters are not stupid and already figured this out."

I understand this sentiment and don't totally disagree with it, but until the arrival of Fatfuck, who'd have ever imagined we would have multiple candidates running for president all aged in their late seventies? Biden had aneuryisms in 1988 and Bernie just had a heart attack. Whether it's all part of some fiendish Machiavellian maneuver or not, there's a significantly above-zero chance that their VP selections might become president. (Not to mention Fatfuck, a grotesquely obese 73-year-old who can barely stagger to the toilet and gasps for breath sitting in a chair for more than 10 minutes.)

So frankly, any candidate of that age should have a Jed Bartlet "because I could die," plan figured out.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I’m with you in that I’ll take whomever goes against Trump. There’s a strong belief that Trump will be tougher to beat in those battleground states than last time, due to trade policies and a not bad economy. So, I think you either hope that Biden has the backing to get it done in those states, where HRC fell short, or you nominate whomever else can.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's not absurd Biden could spend three years tooling around and fixing whatever the fuck he can while a better candidate matures.
    No one could do worse than what we have.

7. Starman

8. Starman

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Which is why I'll vote for any of them. Biden would be a return to normalcy.

But if I had a choice, I'd prefer someone who will do more than just stop the ship from sinking.

Tweener likes this.
  10. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

11. Starman

What do you think the male-female split will be if it's Fatfuck vs. Warren? 85-15?

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

bigpern23 and Slacker like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted