1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It kind of is, since Daytona already had a Cup race scheduled on that date long before COVID-19 was a thing.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That’s been the regular-season finale since the 2020 schedule was first announced, so it actually is a coincidence.

Batman likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I wish they'd hire someone from our ranks to clean up their horrendous website. I try to keep up with the series from time to time but can't spend more than 20 seconds on the site before losing my mind.

maumann likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

My best NASCAR moment: being at the live audio switch for Jimmie Johnson and his pit crew at Daytona in 2005. Johnson was pretty calm while they deliberated whether he won or not. His crew? Not so much.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

maumann, Batman and garrow like this.
  6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I believe Elkhart is in Indiana. Easy mistake to make, as both are Midwest states.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

There is an Elkhart, Indiana. If you're taking a vacation, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, is much preferred. Though if you take an RV on that vacation, there's a very good chance it was made in Elkhart, Indiana.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Elkhart Lake, Wis., very pretty. Elkhart, Ind., not so much, although lots of Mennonites who work at the various RV plants. Ironically (IJAG is wincing as I write this), the RV manufacturing capital of the world has no actual campgrounds within its city limits. We stayed at the County Fairgrounds and were regaled with train whistles every 10 minutes all night long. Turns out Elkhart is on the mainline between Chicago and Cleveland, and the fairgrounds RV lot is approximately 150 feet from the track.

(We also blew the pressure valve off the propane tank that night, which required repairs in Muskegon.)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    playthrough likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

10. 2muchcoffeeman

Snowflakes, start your whining.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Saw something that the truck idiot who was selling all!! has a Trump 2020 truck deal. Dunno if it's one race or more.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Here's the fastest way to get NASCAR to shut up about this: Pay more money for sponsorships.

NASCAR will do ANYTHING for sponsor money ... even moreso now that the sponsors are quickly drying up.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted