1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2CDE9AE7-7AC4-401B-9510-E65FE2066130.jpeg

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me. Wealthy guy who lived in New York City his whole life, where he was probably driven around everywhere he went as an adult and wouldn't have had a reason to learn as a teen. Other than golf carts or something, he might never have had a reason to drive.
    Probably lots of politicians fall into that category, as well. When's the last time Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton or George W. Bush got behind the wheel -- not for an appearance or publicity stunt, but on an actual public road in traffic to take a road trip or run to the store?

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

He looks like Mr. Creosote. (Apologies to Terry Jones in the ether, who was the equal, opposite Anti-Trump. Donald Trump has no Terry Jones in him.)

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This one was always my favorite. You can tell he feels ssssssoooooo strong.... pretending to drive a truck. 02A66C05-8948-4C5E-AF89-9B1AB48C08F7.jpeg

Webster likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In Delaware, I know Biden drives sometimes, or used to anyway. GW Bush lives in Texas, he must've driven sometime. Bill Clinton used to drive from Yale Law to Cambridge to see Hillary before they were married. That's all I got. Of course, LBJ liked to go off road at his ranch in the presidential limo, but he didn't drive it.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, we do have a politics thread. Let's maybe talk about the race on this one? K thanks bye

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Race is in a rain delay. The only thing that's happened so far is Trump taking his lap in the limo. The talk here hasn't ventured into the political realm at all, just commenting more on the spectacle of it.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wondering why the original start time is so late in the day, unless Fox dictated that.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yes, and the Monday time is 4 p.m. EST for the same reason.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yep, Fox likes them to finish under the lights.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I get it, that's why I'm not really mad.
    But I come here to see what's going on the race (don't want to watch it) and keep getting his ugly mug. Making me lose my lunch

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

As for people driving, I remember when I went off to boot camp and a guy mentioning he didn't know how to drive a vehicle.
    I was puzzled by that to say the least until he pointed out he was from New York and until left for boot camp had never been more than 10 miles from where he was born.
    He was equally puzzled when I said that's how far I had to drive each day just to get to school.

Draft saved Draft deleted