1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MBB coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 11, 2020.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Looks like Jeff Neubauer is out at Fordham. Possibly the AD too. So much talent in the NYC area, they should be better, although admissions and an ancient, albeit somewhat charming, home gym probably handcuffs them somewhat.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Who’s on his staff, Larry Eustachy?

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Weber's fine... made the tournament 5 of 8 years there.

With Kansas State, when it's good, it's real good. But when it goes bad, it's Asbury or Woodridge.

I think a barometer for K-State is Iowa State and Oklahoma State. If K-State is better than those two, consistently, then it's all good.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My bad. He's still there. The big announcement was the retirement of the AD, not Neubauer's firing, which was widely expected.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Congrats to the AD who retired in the middle of this mess. I read he has been in college athletics for 45 years. His timing is perfect. I wouldn't want to figure out how to make a budget work.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Great timing. Take your pension and run like hell.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Happy Final Four Weekend Everybody! I wonder if there will be a Zoom where various assistants will don their team's warm-up jacket and hang out trying for better gigs. PS - with the end of winter quarter, I'm guessing the transfer portal is open for business.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Since 2000, Fordham has had three winning seasons, and no 20-win seasons or NCAA berths. Last made the NCAA in 1992; last 20-win season was in 1991.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shit, they haven't even finished above .500 in the A-10 since 2006-07. They are the absolute minnow in the conference.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They made the Sweet 16 in 2015, 16 (Elite 8), 17, 18 before losing in first round last year. Baylor turning into a superpower the last decade and A&M being essentially on par with UT hasn't helped

Draft saved Draft deleted