1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because I'm feeling frisky after my Northwestern-over-Maryland pick, I'm going to predict the following:
    Trump University of Lynchburg wins the A Sun tourney, gets a No. 12 seed, gets paired with No. 5 Virginia and beats them by a dozen.
    You know CBS/NCAA is dying to make this pairing and to get rid of the Cavaliers ASAP. Pitting them against a coach who knows Bennett's system as well as anybody is a solid way to make it happen.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Michigan clinched the Big 10 tonight. First time I think I've watched a whole 2020-21 Michigan State game. Yikes. This MSU team looks and plays like a Tom Izzo team if you kept most of the effort and subtracted the offense like the Monstars did from the NBA guys in Space Jam. For example, I can't remember the last time I've heard the shot clock buzzer this many times in a single college basketball game.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He gone.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Announcer just compared Loyola’s Cameron Krutwig to John Candy in Planes, Trains & Automobiles. I was thinking maybe Paul Blart’s love child. Either way, he’s getting it done for the Ramblers.

EAD8289D-8F5E-44D1-ACA8-3BEF49467E9D.jpeg

5. tapintoamerica

This sounds like the President pulled rank. As he has the right to do. Maybe because the blowback was louder than anticipated?

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Using the word plantation. Dude.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

"Reservation" would have been nearly as bad.

8. tapintoamerica

I thought the same thing.
    Just incredibly stupid.
    If he just substitutes "boat" or "plane" or virtually anything else, he's OK. But to say what he said when he knows that one of his assistants is a leader in a burgeoning black coaches movement is remarkably myopic.

9. dixiehack

10. tapintoamerica

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

swingline likes this.
  12. dixiehack

Two of them. Bellarmine is in its first year since coming from D-II and actually finished as conference runner-up. Otherwise it would have been a 7-team tournament, which isn’t ideal but hardly the end of the world.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted