1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 CFB Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I knew his contract was up, but was thinking he'd look real hard at the NFL.

Last two graphs of that story? Seriously?

"Local reports over the weekend also indicated Harbaugh has inked a three-year extension to his contract that expires after the 2021 season and should soon be announced. Sources told The News that nothing on that front is imminent the next few days, although that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

There has been a sense that because the early signing period begins Dec. 16 that Michigan would have a deal in place with Harbaugh so that recruiting would not be affected."

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I concur.
    Really really awkward to say you're interested in a job when they haven't fired the old one yet.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

How many times did Saban turn down Alabama before he said yes? Two? Three?

6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

He must have pics of Bo with farm animals. tOSU fans are more excited about this than Michigan fans.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Curious wording. "Nothing on that front" specifically. Does that mean no announcement is imminent? Or does that source's statement amount to a denial of a report that an extension had been signed?

8. tapintoamerica

For Oregon, losses in the past two weeks may be the best possible outcome if they quell speculation and kill the interest of other potential suitors. Having gone through two transitions in recent years, they don't want to do it again, do they? Cristobal is highly regarded and was a pretty good get for them considering geography. I suspect they'll be back when meaningful college football returns.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Blake Anderson reportedly going from Arkansas State to Utah State.

10. tapintoamerica

Odd move. I get that his wife died in the past couple of years and perhaps he wants a change of scenery for that reason, but he's a Jonesboro native and this is closer to a lateral move than a promotion, right?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It would be pretty harsh to do that to a fellow coach, let alone a former assistant - but I also figure you wait until Texas comes in with a final, final offer and pledges total autonomy, no requirements to recruit certain players beloved by certain boosters, or keep anyone on staff you don't personally approve.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That’s the way I read it.

Draft saved Draft deleted