1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 Baseball Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 28, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is a 4.14 ERA really "rock solid?" Lucchesi has been mediocre at best, and he was terrible the rare shots he got in the majors last season. Musgrove has more upside, but he has had trouble staying healthy. Of course, getting him was supposed to be one of the big selling points of the Gerrit Cole trade a few years back.

Lucchesi is arbitration-eligible, so of course, he had to go for a prospect as well once the Pirates got him. I've seen some people say it is good that they are fully burning everything down. If ownership could be trusted to try to build back up at some point, they might have a point.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That’s not what she said.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He gone

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I was just coming here to write the exact same thing.

This is the right move.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Cohen is not dicking around.
    No pun intended.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am sure the irony of Steve Cohen talking about integrity won't be lost on some people. Especially with regard to sexual harassment allegations, because when it was Point72 being accused he wasn't quite so outspoken about zero tolerance policies.

But good on the Mets. They needed to get rid of him quickly.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

RickStain... you are the GM of the Pirates. How do you rebuild?

What I see the Pirates doing with the Musgrove trade is getting better quality players at a lower level than what they did with Cole.

They got Feliz, Martin, Moran and Musgrove from the Astros who were all AAA guys at the time, right? They went 1/4 (well, 1.5 if you give a nod to Moran as a bench guy on a good team). They were all pretty much "are who we think they are" guys when the trade was made.

Now, Musgrove is fetching four guys in lower levels with higher ceilings, and a local kid who will get a lot of balls wet at PNC. Is this the better strategy?

Also, if you are limited monetarily, do you invest hard in position players in the minors? Are they the better investment?

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't see how this would have any lasting impact on the Mets. 2 day story.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Why ESPN sit on the Porter story v for four years?

11. freqposter

freqposter Active Member

I could have saved this guy’s job as well.

No dick pics. Don’t send them to the non-responsive. That’s blatant harassment.

If you really must go down that road, do the unexpected and the whimsical. This is assuming you haven’t gone 72 unanswered texts from your target/love interest/harassment victim.

Ask for a dick pic from her last romantic interest. It’s different, fresh and will get a laugh.

Or will get you fired as Mets GM.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It says in the story that the woman believed it would hurt her career if they reported it, so they held it at her request, while keeping in touch with her should she change her mind. She’s no longer in journalism and changed her mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted