1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NBA Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

M
    V
    P

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I love Jokic. I'm not sure there's a player I enjoy watching more than him. Maybe Kyrie, but it's a short list.

Love a big guy who can pass.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Um wait what

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Covid protocol

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

After a confounding night surrounding the status of Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant at the Barclays Center -- which included him getting pulled out of the lineup in the pregame and third quarter for contact-tracing protocols -- Durant won't travel to Philadelphia for Saturday's game and could be lost for multiple games for the second time in a month, sources tell ESPN.

Durant had come into contact with an associate on Friday who tested positive for the coronavirus Friday night, just hours after returning an inconclusive test shortly before the Nets' 123-117 loss to the Toronto Raptors.

That inspired a most dramatic third-quarter scene: a Nets official informing Durant that he had to leave the bench for isolation, causing a flustered franchise star to trudge into the bowels of Barclays, where, presumably, he tweeted, "Free Me," in the final minutes of the game.

The Nets informed the league office of the individual's inconclusive test on Friday afternoon, and eventually were instructed to pull Durant out of pregame warm-ups. Nets general manager Sean Marks had been on the phone with the league office and delivered word down to the court.

Moments later, Steve Nash and his coaching staff found out that Durant would not be available to start the game.

Durant left the floor before the game, only to have the NBA clear him to return to the bench shortly after the start of the first quarter.

"Durant was initially held out of the game while that result was being reviewed," a league statement said. "Under the league's health and safety protocols, we do not require a player to be quarantined until a close contact has a confirmed positive test."​

Sources: KD won't travel, may sit multiple games

6. PCLoadLetter

Can't imagine how frustrating this is for him. They said during the game that Durant has tested negative three times in the past 24 hours.

7. PCLoadLetter

And an update: he's out for a 7 day quarantine. The guy who tested positive is a team employee who had picked up Durant to get tested and then drove him home. Neither one was wearing a mask.

Nice work.

8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I know @PCLoadLetter will have my back on this one. But til this day, I still believe Wilt Chamberlain is underrated.

i know so many here love to say players who played sports 30-40+ years ago would not succeed today, but I truly believe Wilt would absolutely dominate in this era. It would be scary.

HanSenSE and PCLoadLetter like this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

With you 100%. Wilt would have been dominant in any era.

For me the GOAT debate starts with Wilt and Kareem. Then we can get into MJ and LeBron.

heyabbott and Splendid Splinter like this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

12. PCLoadLetter

My initial reaction was that this was kind of dumb for the Knicks, but really, they gave up very little to get him. Might as well get better now if it’s not screwing up your future.

Draft saved Draft deleted