1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

John B. Foster and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

So, we have a few wrestlers that are absolutely ruthless on Twitter - the man for example - which WWF wrestler would own on Twitter if it was around in the 80s

Few come to mind for me:

Piper
    The Brain
    Orndorff

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

She dished out some verbal justice.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Others moving to Smackdown:

- Chad Gable. The Glorious Team is no more.
    - Apollo Crews
    - Mickie James
    - Heavy Machinery
    - Liv Morgan. The end of the Riott Squad? Do they pair Sarah Logan up with The Viking Experience now?

Notably they haven't listed Samoa Joe on Raw yet. Assuming they want that to be a surprise this Monday (he was sick last week).

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Man, the Riott Squad has quickly fallen from a major player to jobber status. The beat the clock challenge leading up to Wrestlemania showed that, and breaking them up seems to cement it. That's a rough fall.

Also curious that we haven't seen Daniel Bryan in the two weeks since Wrestlemania. Is he moving to Raw? Is he hurt? Is he the puppet in the smoking box?
    FWIW, there's a house show in late June in my area that they've been advertising. The main event has already changed a couple of times, but the last one was a WWE title match with Kofi vs. Rowan. That seems to indicate the continuation of the Kofi-Bryan feud, but you never know.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Riott Squad was never a major player. Ruby had a couple of wins that have been forgotten about.

I think Bryan is hurt as well.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Crews could do well.

Should have kept Glorious Team together. Someone on Cageside pointed out that they either just wasted TV time dealing with Glorious Team’s heel turn or they had zero idea what they hell they were doing with them before the shakeup.

Liv won’t do much. Mickie will be a jobber to the stars.

8. John B. Foster

I’m thinking they want to give Roode another push. Turn him heel and let him compete for a secondary belt.

9. Baron Scicluna

They could have done that by having him turn on Gable beforehand, have Roode explain that he is the only glorious one and he doesn’t want Gable riding his coattails, have Gable be sad because he was looking up to Roode as a mentor, have them feud on Raw and close it with Gable eliminating Roode at the Andre.

See? Slightly interesting storyline explanation with a logical conclusion at the end instead of a random turn and a random split.

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

New Day and the Bellas are appearing on Double Dare next week, and Marc Summers told them about when they had WWF stars on the original show.

11. John B. Foster

That makes a lot of sense, however, maybe the WWE did not want to have them feud together. I love Gable, so I hope he does not get lost in the shuffle. It sucks Kidd is no longer around, those two could have awesome matches against each other.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was thinking how fittingly in character it would be if Mr. Perfect aced the ring toss. I was not disappointed.

John B. Foster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted