1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The Canadian announce team of Shania Twain and DeWayne Gretzky.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ricochet's outfit looks like a cross between MVP's gear and a rejected Golddust design.

3. nietsroob17

4. nietsroob17

Taking a stab: Becky comes out to protect a prone Seth, Brock F5s her and Seth goes postal like he did Baron.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Judging by the last few Brock Lesnar matches, the ring post ought to be the next No. 1 contender. That thing always gets the best of him.

6. nietsroob17

That was not expected. Might be Brock's best outing of his current WWE tenure.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fun show overall. Bray’s headlantern may give me nightmares. Graves threw out an Undertaker reference. Sounds like a seed to be planted for later.

Kinda surprised Seth won. Thought it’s be more like the Cena squash, but, since the belt’s off Brock, that’s good enough for me.

Trish looked really good, and the finish was the right one. Toronto already got the Owens win, which was fun.

Kofi-Orton was OK. Not the climax, and it’ll be a good feud.

Rest of show was fine.

8. nietsroob17

And Bray was a journalism major, too! He's one of us!

Batman likes this.
  9. drexler

drexler New Member

That Wyatt entrance, and everything about it, was as fantastically done as anything they could have ever prepared. Chilling and fun.

Goldberg's pity-pat to Ziggler before the third spear was excellent as well.

10. Match of the Night: Trish Stratus vs. Charlotte. All the credit in the world for how much work Trish put into the match.
    Moment of the Night: The Fiend legit scared my wife. So much planning went into this character, and for the first time, Bray Wyatt makes sense to me for a title run.
    Spot Fest that was Fun: Seth Rollins vs. Lesnar. Probably Brock's best match in years.
    Boooring: Bayley vs. Ember Moon. Lack of build hurt this match, and Bayley feels like a complete afterthought.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Wasnt the kofi orton finish (dbl countout protecting the family) the exact same finish as Styles Joe in the title match last year? Thats hot garbage.

The fiend is awesome.

It was a great night for womens wrestling. All 3 matches had hot crowds and great high spots.

Trish Stratus is so much better than Goldberg its absurd. THATS how you do a legends match.

12. nietsroob17

Damn. I can jive with this vicious Sasha.

Nice touch for the fans to chant "Thank you, Sasha!" for beating up Nattie in her home country.

Draft saved Draft deleted