1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

So I mean was it Samoa Joe on the scaffold or are we getting a real mystery?

What if it was Rikishi? What if he did it for da Rock?

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Some are saying it could've been Buddy Murphy (yes, Buddy Murphy), because he could be seen walking away.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Braun ain't thru with him yet. It would help explain the weird snarl on Monday.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I mean.....its better than what hes doing, I guess, but at this point the only thing missing from his Big Show face/heel yo-yo is a commitment from Netflix for a sitcom to run in 2034

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I came up with another one: Little Jimmy.

Maria is strutting around with the belt backstage. Truth and Carmella show up with a ref. Maria pulls the pregnancy card, laughs, lies down and dares them to pin her. Truth tells her that he and Carmella won’t pin her.

Instead, it’s Little Jimmy, who’s pinning her right now even though Maria doesn’t realize it. Truth orders the confused ref to count, who does. Ref gives an unsure look, then raises an imaginary hand and declares Little Jimmy the winner. Truth then simulates a roll-up and yells at the ref to count again. He does, and Truth pins Little Jimmy. Truth grabs the belt, apologizes to Little Jimmy, and runs away while a confused Carmella wonders what the hell is going on.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Amazingly, because this is wrestling, its already been done before! :D Stumble across this title the other week while looking up the 24/7 Title: Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship - Wikipedia - Some "highlight" winners include a ladder, an indivisible wrestler, two wrestlers with 230+ title reigns because they just purposely swapped the belt back and forth, and the belt itself was the 1,000th winner.

Batman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  7. bbnews60

bbnews60 Member

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Dammit, we lost Handsome Harley Race today. The greatest wrestler on God's green earth.

rb

Liut likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I started a thread in Sports and News, but anyway:

Liut likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Even though Harley's greatest notoriety was elsewhere in places other than the WWF/E, does he get the full 10-bell salute with the locker room on stage before Raw on Monday? Or just an "in memory of" screen and tribute video?

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Absolutely, he does. Was recognized as a world champion when he and Superstar Billy Graham and Bob Backlund did "champion v. champion" matches for Vince Sr., and VKM seemed to grasp King Harley's contributions to the sport (that's right, SPORT) in his tweet today.

rb

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Race was also in the first WWE Hall of Fame class when they turned it into an annual thing back in 2004 and, near as I can tell, is viewed as an almost mythical figure by everyone in the business. Everybody has a story about Harley Race beating the shit out of someone. Gotta imagine they go all out for somebody like that.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted