1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nope. Lacey lost with Corbin. Maybe if Brock cashed in during the match, she would have won.

Not happy that Brock wins, but the ending and the storytelling was really good.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No, Rollins and Lynch won the tag match. Lesnar came out after the bell.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I figured they weren’t having Kofi lose on the cash-in. Nobody would have cared for the next match of that would have happened.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I posted that before the match ended. I was thinking he would come out during the match and make it a three-way, screwing Seth, Corbin AND Becky.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the women's belt would have went to Sable then, not Lacey.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Missed opportunity in having Becky come to and hit Brock with a kendo after the match had started, causing the DQ. That's one MITB cash-in scenario we haven't seen in a long while ... champion escaping by DQ (Punk lost to Cena by DQ at Raw 1000, but kept the title).

And if Becky already took the End of Days a few minutes earlier (showing that they were willing to get risque), why not have her take an F5 as well?

... Or Strowman could've come out and saved Rollins, getting retribution on Lesnar for screwing up his cash-in last year.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I dont love the booking of Becky takes a big move and Seth Hulks up to save his girlfriend. I mean its fine but Beckys supposed to be bad ass. Stone Cold never had to be saved by Debra.

Best thing about Brock is maybe Seth fights him again and Becky can get a feud going again with someone that matters.

Seems to me she’s cooled off a ton. Pop last night was no where near Mania level. Wasn’t for Kofi either.

8. nietsroob17

Ok, that was Yowie Wowie.

But can they make Joe look like anymore of a loser? He's like 0-for-a million in title matches, and now just got outfoxed by Finn, who in turn had his ass handed him by Bray.

9. nietsroob17

Wow, did the crowd totally shit on the women's match. It did totally go WAY too long.

And Natalya vs. Becky at SummerSlam? That's the best they got?

10. JimmyHoward33

Yes. Who else? Flair hasnt been on TV in 2 months (hurt?) and Has fought Becky on opv roughly 872 times. Sasha went home. They gave up on Asuska and Moon.

I mean they just had Lacey freakin Evans in 2 straight ppv main events. They got nothing.

11. nietsroob17

Charlotte has been wrestling house shows and I think took a short hiatus with Andrade when his mom died.

If Natalya can show some believable emotion, then maybe it can work.

12. JimmyHoward33

Its not good but its better than Naomi anyway.

At least the mens 10 man had some interesting fantasy booking options before it ended.

Hope theyre not going with Strowman/Reigns, last thing Braun needs is another weird half heel turn.

.....best part of the night, Graves on Rtruth marriage ruining pin, “he utilized the small package.”

Draft saved Draft deleted