1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Damn. Even WWE's MLK tribute is awe-inspiring.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Graves after Hawkins, as ref, counts the pin on the Revival for Roode/Gable.

“Someone get on the phone and call New York!”

3. nietsroob17

EDGEHEADS REUNITE!!!

I'm surprised they remembered where the button was to play Ryder's music.

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

5. John B. Foster

I think many of us understand the business, and would disagree with this tweet, right?

6. nietsroob17

Considering he is a Guerrero by marriage, I think he should do well on the cruiserweight show. I'll be curious to see how it goes.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its also not the same business it was in the 70s and 80s.

Weve been told for 5 years to be patient with Lesnar because the rub someone gets from finallybeating him will mint a career. Stopped being true around Mania 33 I think. Well past the sell by date here in 2019

Baron Scicluna, sgreenwell and Batman like this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The "legacy" is fast becoming the thought when he shows up that, "Oh yeah, there's something called the Universal Championship that's supposedly the main belt on Raw, isn't it?"
    The Universal Championship has almost as much relevance now as the European Championship did in 2002.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This.

And this.

The other difference is that Bruno and Hogan were regular presences. They rarely wrestled on TV, but they were still there for promos and angles. They may have taken a week or two off to give their faces a rest and give others the time to breathe, but you knew they were around.

Brock disappears for a month at a time, then Heyman shows up one week, then they disappear for another couple of weeks. It’s boring as hell, despite Heyman’s excellence.

Secondly, as already noted, it’s a different era. There’s so much out there now, both in wrestling and in other entertainment options. Patience is much thinner now for dull options.

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

This is weird, but I’m more excited for all four major title matches (Finn/Lesnar, AJ/DB, Man/Asuska, Ronda/Sasha) than for either Royal Rumble match.

Also Mr McMahon is just gold. RAWs segment with brock braun and finn and tonights with AJ and DB..... the good shit. And he’s like leaning in to his beef loving underdog hating internet persona in a way sports entertains me greatly. I mean the look on Vinces face while Bryan was ranting and raving......

John B. Foster likes this.
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I thought Daniel Bryan was supposed to be a heel.

12. John B. Foster

Draft saved Draft deleted