1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Something I noticed ... Braun was part of Drake's wedding party in reality, but I think WWE had him leave the room so he wouldn't be lumped in with the 24/7 gimmick.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I caught a glimpse of him in one of the videos, very brief just standing at end of the line of groomsmen

Must have been one of the Hardys videos..... youre right hes totally not there in the pin video where he was in the other one

3. nietsroob17

They also replaced the priest.

4. JimmyHoward33

Needed working priest to fill in for the shoot priest

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ted DiBiase was unavailable?

2muchcoffeeman and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Neither was Reverend Slick.

7. Baron Scicluna

I saw on one of the Internet comments that in the E’s site, the title is limited to “Superstars” on specific brands. The commenter speculated that this is because a guy tried to shoot on Crash Holly to win the Hardcore title and earn a contract.

8. JimmyHoward33

The hero we need

Baron Scicluna and Tommy_Dreamer like this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

I know Stomping Grounds isnt sold out but I have to disagree with the notion that its a garbage card..... I mean you put Ricochet vs Joe and Roman vs Drew and Kofi vs Dolph at a PWG show and the internet orgasms doesnt it?

The storys are largely garbage but I’n expecting, like most wwe ppvs, the matches will deliver, a few finishes will be highly questionable and Ill come away saying “that was good not great and not nearly as bad as I read in the internet”

10. Baron Scicluna

The problem is that most of the important matches are rematches, and, as you pointed out, the stories are poor.

The in-ring talent is tremendous. It’s the storylines.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

If I’m WWE I’m putting the world title on Dolph Ziggler tonight.

He’s hard working and good enough that the smarks can’t crap on it. Kofi can win it back later. They need to create an air of “dont miss our shows” and the only way to do that is by moving the world title.

Some Lesnar nonsense to switch the Universal doesn’t do it. Neither does any other result. You want to tell people miss our shows at your own peril, you put the belt on Ziggler.

12. nietsroob17

As much of a sniveling heel Daniel Bryan is, anywhere in Washington state, he's like Bret Hart in Canada.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted