1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Trout to have foot surgery and is done for the season. That's the one they told us would sideline him for a couple of days.
    Can a guy be the MVP if he misses the last 3 weeks of the season and his team is 30 games out of first place?

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Wow! Did not know the 1905 occurrence until now. Looked it up and apparently one of those teams had a ton of postponements to make up, including that Worst Series.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of that one.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Bregman's gonna win it now

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Trout will just have to settle for being the best player on the planet.

Fred siegle, sgreenwell and ChrisLong like this.
  5. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Nobody saw the scary beaning of Charlie Culberson by Fernando Rodney Saturday? Worst I've ever seen - a fastball to the face as he was squaring to bunt. Clearly not intentional, as it was in the 7th inning of a 1-1 game with runners on. The 1st-base umpire called a strike, though Culberson didn't appear to offer at the pitch. Not sure why Martinez left in Rodney, who was visibly shaken, to face the next several batters as the Braves blew it open. Culberson's out for the year and seems relatively lucky that the ball hit him in the least bad place on his face - missed his eye socket, nose, and mouth. It won't happen until next year if at all, but I can't imagine being hit like that and having to step into the box against a hard thrower with control trouble again.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Made a point to DVR it tonight; great story, Mike Yaz.

8. HanSenSE

9. HanSenSE

And of course young Yaz homers. Left-center field for 20th of the season. You can't make shit up like this.

qtlaw and maumann like this.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's just that Glasnow is the most entertaining interview in MLB or if the YouTube announcers are that good at interviewing, but this has been entertaining as hell. Glasnow talking about how tall he is and saying he's "6-8, 7-feet in heels" is far and away the best line I've heard during an in-game interview, well, ever. :D

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Second-best ...

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Brewers rolling like a god damn freight train.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted