1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Reggie Theus was an equally bad coach in the NBA and NCAA, although he did take New Mexico St. to one tournament.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I dig Hugs. Some of his stories from his (WAY TOO BRIEF) time in Aggieville are legendary.

exmediahack likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

As a Pitt grad I shouldn’t like him but I do. Dude doesn’t give a fuck. Problem is that’s spilled over into his wardrobe. He’s in the same pair of tan pants and a windbreaker every game. I understand you’re bulletproof and don’t have to try any longer but, fuck man, do we have to make it so obvious?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

There's a story behind the windbreaker. Hugs is somewhat of a sweater. Like in buckets. He was tired of going through suits, so he went to the windbreaker. You'll notice that everyone of his windbreakers are dark blue or black. This goes back to the early 90's when he was in Cincinnati.
    Still love the story of him and Self having "coffee" at 3am a couple of years ago when Self said he would wear one, no one thought he would, then the next time KU played at WV, Self has one on.
    Coaches and officials. It's a helluva fraternity man.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

The fact that he's put on probably 70 pounds at least since his Cincinnati days doesn't help matters. We joke about Trump's weight around here but I sincerely worry Huggins will collapse on the court one day.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Larry Krystkowiak seems to be doing fine at Utah.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. BitterYoungMatador2

It would have gotten that bald, lazy fuck Kevin Stallings fired at Vanderbilt but Todd Turner’s toadie Scott Barnes offered him a job at Pitt after lowering Jaime Dixon’s buyout to let him leave for TCU. Scott Barnes should be in Fucking jail. Here’s a pic of Stallings out recruiting at Pitt.
    2AF53979-611B-40EF-AD77-9D66AFAB851D.jpeg

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Depends on your market. I'm in one where some of that behavior would still be tolerated. In related news, men's basketball does a lot more of the proportional bill-paying than football.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted